Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by zainuluk <za...@atosorigin.com> on 2010/07/20 10:14:33 UTC

Target folders is removed, why? how to stop it.

Hi All,
I all my projects build in continuum and looking into the working directory
the target is present with the jars/ears/wars etc. However, after sometime,
overnight perhaps or even a few hours this target directory is
removed/deleted/vanished. I am guessing that this is a configuration issue
with continuum, for housekeeping perphaps. Is there a way to stop this
removing/deleting of the target directory. I need this directory because we
need to run a script to extract some of the artefacts for use in the release
build. But if they are not there then it means we have to rebuild that
project.

I have looked into the pom files and there is no setting for deleting the
target project after sometime.

All I want to do is make sure that the target folder and its contents are
not deleted/removed until the project is built again.

Thank you
Zain

Re: Target folders is removed, why? how to stop it.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
It isn't really Continuum but maven that delete the target directory.
By default, builds are done with the 'clean' phase. If you don't want it,
edit your build definitions to remove it.

Personally, I think it is a bad practice to run a continuous build without
to clean directories.

Emmanuel