Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Francesc Bruguera <fr...@yahoo.es> on 2008/10/26 18:39:24 UTC

Nutch & Cluster

Hi,
I want to run Nutch in a cluster of machines. What software do I have to use?

How I can do that?

Re: Nutch & Cluster

Posted by brainstorm <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi Francesc,

There are many tutorials out there, this is the one that was most useful to me:

http://www.michael-noll.com/wiki/Running_Hadoop_On_Ubuntu_Linux_%28Single-Node_Cluster%29

I use rocksclusters.org as the infraestructure.

If you happen to run Solaris, you can try out this one:

http://blogs.sun.com/george/entry/creating_a_virtual_hadoop_cluster

I si vols suport en català, et puc donar un cop de mà ;)

Saluts,
Roman

RE: Nutch & Cluster

Posted by Webmaster <we...@axismedia.ca>.
Hi,

Follow the Nutch-Hadoop tutorials on the nutch website. First make sure you know how to install java properly and then try to get hadoop running on one machine.

If you are successful then install to a second machine as per the tutorial and start the hadoop cluster.  From there it is very easr to repeat the proces over and over for each additional node.

Axel..