Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Shone Sadler <sh...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/09 22:34:43 UTC

Add Partition and Rebalancing

Hello,

I am testing out the AddPartitionCommand in Kafka 8.0 and wanted to verify
the behavior I am seeing.  Currently, running producers and consumers
appear unaffected by scaling out of partitions. i.e. Producers do not pick
up the new partition size for calls to the Partitioner and consumers are
not rebalanced to pick up the new partitions.  Both producers and consumers
must be restarted to pick up the new partitions.  Is this expected
behavior? I did come across the following ticket with respect to consumers
-> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1075 which is labeled as
fixed, however I am not seeing the expected behavior.

Thanks,
Shone Sadler

Re: Add Partition and Rebalancing

Posted by Shone Sadler <sh...@gmail.com>.
Just verified the fix. Works great!  Thanks for the quick response and fix
Guozhang.

Shone

Author: Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>
Date:   Mon Oct 7 09:22:12 2013 -0700