Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Stephan Albers <St...@jcatalog.com> on 2000/11/15 22:55:58 UTC

Reporting Bugs/Request Tracker

Hi,

after getting back from some presentations and shows I had a hard time
getting into the current status of FOP and the things going on. One
thing that was missing to me: who does what? What are currently open
items? What are some new detected bugs..

Since bugzilla will probably never be available for Apache and the
bugtracker that Stefano pointed to (http://scarab.tigris.org/) doesn't
look to get finished soon, what about an alternative. We could open a
project at http://sourceforge.net just to use the bugtracker for FOP.

In conjunction with the proposed FAQ-Matic, this could also improve the
communication with FOP users and make some of the ongoing development
more transparent. If enough people think, that this makes sense, I would
open a sourceforge account, create some bug/request categories and enter
the first few bugs/requests.

Stephan

Re: Reporting Bugs/Request Tracker

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
At 12:12 AM 11/16/00 +0100, Fotis Jannidis wrote:
>Stephan:
>> after getting back from some presentations and shows I had a hard time
>> getting into the current status of FOP and the things going on. One
>> thing that was missing to me: who does what? What are currently open
>> items? What are some new detected bugs..
>
>I have just updated the status file, maybe this answers some of your
>questions.
>
>> Since bugzilla will probably never be available for Apache and the
>> bugtracker that Stefano pointed to (http://scarab.tigris.org/) doesn't
>> look to get finished soon, what about an alternative. We could open a
>> project at http://sourceforge.net just to use the bugtracker for FOP.
>>
>> In conjunction with the proposed FAQ-Matic, this could also improve the
>> communication with FOP users and make some of the ongoing development
>> more transparent. If enough people think, that this makes sense, I would
>> open a sourceforge account, create some bug/request categories and enter
>> the first few bugs/requests.
>
>+1 if this can't be handled by xml.apache.org. Arved, do you know
>anything about this?
>
>Fotis

+1 for Stephan's suggestions. I have heard nothing about anything new on
Bugzilla.

I see that Apache itself (the HTTP server specifically) has bug reporting
using a CGI built using GNU GNATS (GNU Problem Report Management System). So
I figure we can look at this also. I just submitted a question about this
and hope to get some feedback shortly.

FAQ-O-Matic, yeah, absolutely. I also have an ongoing question now about that.

Arved

Senior Developer
e-plicity.com (www.e-plicity.com)
Halifax, Nova Scotia
"B2B Wireless in Canada's Ocean Playground"

Re: Reporting Bugs/Request Tracker

Posted by Fotis Jannidis <fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>.
Stephan: