Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Geetika Srivastava <ge...@tcs.com> on 2010/04/23 12:52:37 UTC

Error on upgrading to myfaces1.2.8

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade to myfaces 1.2.8 from myfaces 1.1.5 on weblogic
server 10.3. I am trying to display a simple jsf page .

<%@ page session="false" contentType="text/html;charset=utf-8"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f"%>

<f:view>
<f:verbatim>

        <h:form id="form">
                <h:panelGrid id="grid" columns="1">
                        <h:outputLink value="helloWorld.jsf">
                                <h:outputText value="HelloWorld" />
                        </h:outputLink>
                </h:panelGrid>
        </h:form>
        </f:verbatim>
</f:view>

I am getting the following stack trace:

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to
javax.el.ValueExpression
                 at
jsp_servlet._pages.__login._jsp__tag3(__login.java:280)
                 at
jsp_servlet._pages.__login._jsp__tag2(__login.java:242)
                 at
jsp_servlet._pages.__login._jsp__tag1(__login.java:190)
                 at
jsp_servlet._pages.__login._jsp__tag0(__login.java:139)
                 at
jsp_servlet._pages.__login._jspService(__login.java:98)
                 at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:34)
                 at
weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
                 at
weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
                 at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:292)
                 at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.onAddToMapException(ServletStubImpl.java:408)
                 at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:318)
                 at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:175)
                 at
weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.invokeServlet(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:502)
                 at
weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:251)
                 at
org.apache.myfaces.context.servlet.ServletExternalContextImpl.dispatch(ServletExternalContextImpl.java:341)
                 at
org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk.application.jsp.JspTilesViewHandlerImpl.dispatch(JspTilesViewHandlerImpl.java:236)
                 at
org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk.application.jsp.JspTilesViewHandlerImpl.renderView(JspTilesViewHandlerImpl.java:222)
                 at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RenderResponseExecutor.execute(RenderResponseExecutor.java:41)
                 at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:140)
                 at
javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:182)
                 at
weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
                 at
weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
                 at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:292)
                 at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:175)
                 at
weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.invokeServlet(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:502)
                 at
weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:251)
                 at
weblogic.servlet.jsp.PageContextImpl.forward(PageContextImpl.java:159)
                 at jsp_servlet.__index._jspService(__index.java:202)
                 at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:34)
                 at
weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
                 at
weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
                 at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:292)
                 at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.onAddToMapException(ServletStubImpl.java:408)
                 at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:318)
                 at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:175)
                 at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3495)
                 at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
                 at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Unknown Source)
                 at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2180)
                 at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2086)
                 at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1406)
                 at
weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:201)
                 at
weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:173)

I have included all jars mentioned in the apache site including tomahawk12
1.1.9 jar and have also updated the version in faces -config and web.xml

Please help.

Regards,
Geetika Srivastava
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: geetika.srivastava@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.   IT Services
                        Business Solutions
                        Outsourcing
=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: Error on upgrading to myfaces1.2.8

Posted by Geetika Srivastava <ge...@tcs.com>.
Hi ,

I was able to resolve the problem.
I had initialized JSPTilesViewHandler instead of JSPTwoTilesViewHandler in
faces-config.xml. On correcting it , I am able to view my page.

Regards,
Geetika Srivastava
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: geetika.srivastava@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.   IT Services
                        Business Solutions
                        Outsourcing

From:
Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>
To:
users@myfaces.apache.org
Date:
04/26/2010 03:07 PM
Re: Error on upgrading to myfaces1.2.8

The blank page happens usually if you mix two jsp versions together
(or two el versions)

Werner

Am 26.04.10 10:20, schrieb Geetika Srivastava:
> Hi Jacob,
>
> Thanks for the reply .
> I cleared the cache and tried running the application.
> I am not getting any error but no output is being displayed i.e I am
> getting a blank .
> Moreover the complete page is getting printed in the logs.
>
> Please let me know if I am missing out on something.
>
> Regards,
> Geetika Srivastava
> Tata Consultancy Services
> Mailto: geetika.srivastava@tcs.com
> Website: http://www.tcs.com
> Experience certainty.   IT Services
>                          Business Solutions
>                          Outsourcing
>

> From:
> Jakob Korherr<ja...@gmail.com>
> To:
> MyFaces Discussion<us...@myfaces.apache.org>
> Date:
> 04/23/2010 06:56 PM
> Re: Error on upgrading to myfaces1.2.8
> Sent by:
> sethfromaustria@gmail.com
>

> Hi again,
>
> I did some research about this problem and found some similar issues in
> various different projects and frameworks (e.g. in primefaces [1]). The
> real
> problem seems to come from the tag library descriptor (.tld) files.
>
> In MyFaces 1.1.x the entry for the value attribute of h:commandButton
> looks
> like this:
>
>        <attribute>
>           <name>value</name>
>           <required>false</required>
>           <rtexprvalue>false</rtexprvalue>
>           <type>java.lang.String</type>
>           <description><![CDATA[The initial value of this
> component.]]></description>
>        </attribute>
>
> It specifies a type of java.lang.String, because Unified EL was not
> included
> in JSF 1.1 and thus JSF 1.1 resolved the expressions itself. In MyFaces
> 1.2.x, however, the entry looks like this:
>
>       <attribute>
>           <description><![CDATA[The text to display to the user for this
> command component.]]></description>
>           <name>value</name>
>           <deferred-value>
>               <type>java.lang.Object</type>
>           </deferred-value>
>        </attribute>
>
> Unified Expression Language is used in JSF 1.2 and thus the entry must
not
> specifiy a normal type, but a type inside a deferred-value element. With
> this entry the web container knows that it has to create a
ValueExpression

=====-----=====-----=====

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geetika Srivastava <ge...@tcs.com>.
Hi Jacob,

Thanks for the reply .
I cleared the cache and tried running the application.
I am not getting any error but no output is being displayed i.e I am
getting a blank .
Moreover the complete page is getting printed in the logs.

Please let me know if I am missing out on something.

Regards,
Geetika Srivastava
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: geetika.srivastava@tcs.com