Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Simone Giannecchini <si...@geo-solutions.it> on 2010/03/30 09:03:36 UTC

Re: Problems with ImageIO custom service providers with Tomcat >= 6.0.24

Ciao Mark,
thanks for your answer.
The short explanation is the one I gave "It looks like that ImageIO
additional service providers are not loaded
 anymore at runtime via the standard jar META-INF/services mechanism."

Longer explanation is as follows. ImageIO allows to define additional
readers/writers by means of the javax ServiceRegistry/IIORegistry
mechanism: this mechanism basically requires that we put complete
classnames for the service strategies we have defined for a certain
interface inside a text file whose name is the complete classname of
the interface, e.g. javax.imageio.spi.ImageInputStreamSpi. Does this
make sense?

Simone.
Ing. Simone Giannecchini
GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Founder - Software Engineer
Via Carignoni 51
55041  Camaiore (LU)
Italy

phone: +39 0584983027
fax:      +39 0584983027
mob:    +39 333 8128928

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://geo-solutions.blogspot.com/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/simonegiannecchini
http://twitter.com/simogeo

Posted by Simone Giannecchini <si...@geo-solutions.it>.
On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 30/03/2010 08:03, Simone Giannecchini wrote:
>> Ciao Mark,
>> thanks for your answer.
>> The short explanation is the one I gave "It looks like that ImageIO
>> additional service providers are not loaded
>>  anymore at runtime via the standard jar META-INF/services mechanism."
>>
>> Longer explanation is as follows. ImageIO allows to define additional
>> readers/writers by means of the javax ServiceRegistry/IIORegistry
>> mechanism: this mechanism basically requires that we put complete
>> classnames for the service strategies we have defined for a certain
>> interface inside a text file whose name is the complete classname of
>> the interface, e.g. javax.imageio.spi.ImageInputStreamSpi. Does this
>> make sense?
>
> That makes sense but doesn't tell me anything I didn't already know.
>
> Still no info on when you see this issue. All the time? Just on reload?
> Randomly?

The webapp I am talking about is a GeoSpatial server called GeoServer.
At startup my own SPI implementations are not registered anymore in
the IIORegistry.

> Still no info on where these JARs are located. In a WAR, in
> CATALINA_HOME/lib, somewhere else?

Libs are inside WEB-INF/lib of GeoServer WAR.

Thx,
Simone.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.