Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/16 06:28:39 UTC

Re: "provided" dependency scope

This JIRA issue is different to your issue from the mail.

The scope definition of "provided" is for compilation only, that it
will -always- be provided at runtime (by the JDK or a container, and
this includes the execution of unit tests).

If it is not provided, it should be one of compile, runtime or test.

What is the problem with making the dependencies a "test" dependency,
that you want to use "provided"?

- Brett