Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Shan Zhu <sh...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/09 09:25:50 UTC

[QA AUTOMATION][Proposal]Suggest to group definition of UI Controls in UIMap.java.

Hi, all

In VCLAuto, we define the UI controls used in our script in UIMap.java.
Now, there is a long disordered list of UI controls, which will continue to
grow up.
For readability, I propose to group the definition of controls by Editor
and dialogs.

1. Put the definition of controls in same editor together, with a comment
line at the front to declare the editor name.
2. Put the definition of controls in same dialog together, with a comment
line to declare the dialog name.
    It would be better that if the sequence of the definition for a dialog
could  following the UI arrangement in dialog.
For example,
// Spreadsheet: "Select Sheets" dialog
public static final VclDialog SCSelectSheetsDlg =
dialog(".uno:SelectTables");
// Spreasheet: "Sort" dialog
Moreover,  suggest to add definition for other controls in one dialog, even
you've used few of them in your script writing.
And, a basic rule for variable name definition is needed, if necessary.

Regards,
Shan Zhu

Re: [QA AUTOMATION][Proposal]Suggest to group definition of UI Controls in UIMap.java.

Posted by Linyi Li <li...@gmail.com>.
+1
I think we can regroup the definition of controls to make them clearer.
One concern: Sometimes some editors(document/spreadsheet/
presentation) have the same dialog. Do we have to omit the editor name or
add on special prefix to identify them?

--
Best wishes.
Linyi Li

Re: [QA AUTOMATION][Proposal]Suggest to group definition of UI Controls in UIMap.java.

Posted by Linyi Li <li...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Best wishes.
Linyi Li

Re: [QA AUTOMATION][Proposal]Suggest to group definition of UI Controls in UIMap.java.

Posted by Kevin Grignon <ke...@gmail.com>.
KG01 - See comments inline.

On Thursday, July 19, 2012, Shan Zhu wrote:

> Hi, Kevin
>
> The definition UI controls I mentioned is just about the code orgnization
> in VCLAuto Tools.
> I want to define VCL controls in the same sequence as that on application
> UI, and organize them by applications and dialogs, to make the items can be
> found and maintained easily.
> It doen't talk about AOO UI presentation.
>
> Sorry for misleading you with my unclear expression. : )

KG01 - Actually, I did understood your original thread to be focused on
code organization. I thought you may be familiar with the presentation as
well. Can you point me to any UI docs or refer another developer who is
familiar with the UI presentation code?

Posted by Shan Zhu <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Kevin

Posted by Kevin Grignon <ke...@gmail.com>.
Shan Zhu,

Posted by Linyi Li <li...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Best wishes.
Linyi Li

Re: [QA AUTOMATION][Proposal]Suggest to group definition of UI Controls in UIMap.java.

Posted by Zhe Liu <al...@gmail.com>.
2012/7/9 Shan Zhu <sh...@gmail.com>:
> Hi, all
>
> In VCLAuto, we define the UI controls used in our script in UIMap.java.
> Now, there is a long disordered list of UI controls, which will continue to
> grow up.
> For readability, I propose to group the definition of controls by Editor
> and dialogs.
>
> 1. Put the definition of controls in same editor together, with a comment
> line at the front to declare the editor name.
> 2. Put the definition of controls in same dialog together, with a comment
> line to declare the dialog name.
>     It would be better that if the sequence of the definition for a dialog
> could  following the UI arrangement in dialog.
> For example,
> // Spreadsheet: "Select Sheets" dialog
> public static final VclDialog SCSelectSheetsDlg =
> dialog(".uno:SelectTables");
> // Spreasheet: "Sort" dialog
> Moreover,  suggest to add definition for other controls in one dialog, even
> you've used few of them in your script writing.
> And, a basic rule for variable name definition is needed, if necessary.

Generally, you should use test assistant plugin to edit UIMap class.
That plugin is more friendly.   Indeed we need naming convention.
Simply,  name dialog and its child UI controls like:
CreateDlg
CreateDlg_Button1
CreateDlg_Button2
CreateDlg_Field1

You can use outline view to view them in order.  If you really want
the control definitions in order, use Eclipse->Source->Sort Members.

--
Best Regards