Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Dennis Reil <ax...@reil-online.de> on 2002/05/03 15:10:23 UTC

Problems with WSDL2Java

I try to use a complex type in the wsdl-document.
The schema of the complex type is:

<xsd:element name="collection">
 <xsd:complexType>
  <xsd:sequence minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="unbounded">
   <xsd:element ref="tns:document"/>
  </xsd:sequence>
  <xsd:attribute name="name" type="xsd:string" use="optional"/>
  <xsd:attribute name="host" type="xsd:string" use="required"/>
 </xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>

The element "document" is another complex type. So I think it can
be used to define the following:
<collection name="samplebookstore" host="www.bookstore.com">
    <document>
    </document>
    <document>
    </document>
</collection>

But when I use the wsdl2java-Tool to create the mapping classes, interfaces and stubs,
it generates a class Collection.java, which has a Document as member :

public class Collection implements java.io.Serializable {
    private com.dnsalias.eVerlageWS.Document document;
    private java.lang.String name;  // attribute
    private java.lang.String host;  // attribute
}

I expected a class, which has the possibility to specify more than just one
document, i.e. an ArrayList containing the documents.

So, am I doing anything wrong ?
Do I have to implement the mapping classes on my own and specify them
in the deployment descriptor ?

Regards
    Dennis Reil