Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Roger I Martin PhD <hy...@hypernexinc.com> on 2002/06/08 23:25:07 UTC

more missing components

cvs'ed the xml-cocoon2 today, compiled and ran it successfully.

copied the lib/core and lib/optional and cocoon.jar to one of my web app projects and built successfully.

But tomcat-4.0 deployment led to resource not found problem(Thought it was jdbc pool connectivity problems).

So cvs'ed the jakarta-avalon,  jakarta-avalon-logkit  jakarta-avalon-excalibur and compiled them successfully.

Deployed with the latest cocoon.jar I just compiled successfully and got

----- Root Cause -----
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log/output/ServletOutputLogTarget
 at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.initLogger(CocoonServlet.java:765)

org/apache/log/output/ServletOutputLogTarget.java is missing from avalon-logkit HEAD
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.logger.factory.ServletTargetFactory.java is missing from avalon-excalibur HEAD

-Roger

BTW, building Excalibur is enough to bring a man to tears.

RE: more missing components

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Roger I Martin PhD [mailto:hypernexdev@hypernexinc.com]
>
> BTW, building Excalibur is enough to bring a man to tears.

I feel the same :)

Vadim