Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Todd Nine <to...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/09 17:06:59 UTC

war plugin for content managment

Hi all,
  I have a bit of a different situation for building, and I'd like some
input from the community on the best approach.  Here is my problem.  I will
have 2 servers.  1 in production and 1 testing web.  The servers contain an
webapp that needs to be installed in the root context.  Our webmaster will
be editing the JSP's using dreamweaver and adobe contribute.  I will be
writing code that will need to be deployed with the webapp.  I was thinking
that I could install maven on our test web system and use the following
flow.

   1. Webmaster logs in and executes mvn scm:update.
   2. execute mvn war:inplace
   3. Webmaster edits content
   4. Once they're ready to push, perform a mvn scm:update.  Should I
   always have them perform a scm:add first?
   5. execute mvn clean release:clean release:prepare
   6. execute a mvn release:perform

Now this is where I'm stuck.  Hopefully this process will create a war (with
pre-compiled Jsp files) and deploy it to our internal repository.  Now, is
there a way I can have the release plugin push to our production server, or
how would I use maven on our production server to automatically download a
specified version and push it to tomcat?

Thanks,
Todd

Re: war plugin for content managment

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
You'll need to ask on the Cargo Users list, unfortunately. I don't use
it much myself at this point, though I'm getting ready to very soon.

Wayne

Posted by Todd Nine <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.