Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Stephen Welch <sw...@gammaprojects.com> on 2002/02/15 15:48:52 UTC

Install problems

Installed James using the latest binary release on a solaris 8 box. Also
configured as the DNS, added MX entry

Server runs, able to telnet to port 4555 and do admin. Setup up some users.
(usera, userb)

>From w2k machine configured Outlook express (as usera). Configured SMTP and
POP3 settings.

Sent mail to userb. Message recieved by James, but spooled only, doesn't
place in var/inboxes.

Used the logging from outlook to check the SMTP/POP3 messages. Both connect
to James OK. POP3 doesn;t find any messages (none in var/inboxes).

Any ideas?

Regards

Stephen Welch

Gamma Projects Ltd

David McLean House,  The Brewery,
Magor, Caldicot, Monmouthshire,
NP26 3DJ. UK.

Tel: 	+44 (0)1633 883000
Fax: 	+44 (0)1633 882990

Email:	swelch@gammaprojects.com
Web:	www.gammaprojects.com
______________________________

Important:

Confidentiality:  This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the above
named only and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than
the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the material from any computer, you must take
no action based on the content, nor must you copy or show the material to
anyone.

Viruses:  Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good
computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.

Security warning:  Please note that this e-mail has been created in the
knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications medium.
We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when
e-mailing us.

RE: Install problems

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
have you edited the configuration to accept mail for your domain? in the
servernames block near the top of config.xml.
d.