Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by bh...@gmail.com, bh...@gmail.com on 2018/06/25 16:58:45 UTC

Using variable product configuration to build BOM

Hi,

I'm playing around with OFBiz 16.11. In brief, here is a problem I'm trying to solve:

A product needs to have a configuration attribute that can take a single number in a continuous (essentially) range of values, not just one of many pre-defined options. I then want to use this number and a well-defined formula to determine the quantity of a component that is to appear in the real BOM.

My questions are:

1. How do I define that a configuration can take a range of values and is not multi choice?
2. How do I link product configurations with BOM items? I read about making products configurable and building virtual BOMs, but I couldn't quite get it to work. I defined the product to be virtual, but where would I actually define the BOM item for a specific configuration?
3. Finally, what's a good place to start looking at inserting custom formulas for BOM item quantities?

Thanks for the help.