Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Ryan Baxter <rb...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/15 02:54:09 UTC

Gauging Interest In A Possible Open Standards Conference Around Boston

While at BoulderUX there was talk about possibly having a conference in
Boston Ma next year during the Fall.  The weather in Boston SHOULD still be
nice around that time.  I was thinking of having sessions on open standards
such as HTML 5, OpenID, ActivityStreams, OAuth, OpenSocial, CMIS, etc.
 Before I invest too much time into this I want to gauge interest from folks
to see if it would be worth the effort to put something like this together.
 Let me know if you would possibly be interested.  Feel free to forward this
email on to others that you think may be interested.

-Ryan Baxter
rbaxter85@gmail.com

Re: [opensocial-community] Gauging Interest In A Possible Open Standards Conference Around Boston

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.
On 15 Sep 2011, at 14:12, Ryan Baxter wrote:

> Ate, Matt, and Marlon thats great to hear, thanks for the interest!  If
> others have other topics that maybe don't fall under the open
> standards umbrella let me know, I am open to anything.

Count me in too Ryan for anything W3C Widgets-related

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sugar Bear Trio <su...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much!
Keep in touch.
Sugar Bear Trio
http://www.sugarbeartrio.com

Posted by Ryan Baxter <rb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan Baxter <rb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marlon Pierce <mp...@cs.indiana.edu>.

Posted by Marlon Pierce <mp...@cs.indiana.edu>.

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
I'd hazard a guess that Apache in general would be interested in this.
As a member of the Conference Committee and the Community Development
Chair (and a Rave mentor) I'd be happy to provide a contact point for
the ASF in general.

Ross

On 15 September 2011 03:20, Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> wrote:
> On 09/15/2011 02:54 AM, Ryan Baxter wrote:
>>
>> While at BoulderUX there was talk about possibly having a conference in
>> Boston
>> Ma next year during the Fall.  The weather in Boston SHOULD still be nice
>> around
>> that time.  I was thinking of having sessions on open standards such as
>> HTML 5,
>> OpenID, ActivityStreams, OAuth, OpenSocial, CMIS, etc.  Before I invest
>> too much
>> time into this I want to gauge interest from folks to see if it would be
>> worth
>> the effort to put something like this together.  Let me know if you would
>> possibly be interested.  Feel free to forward this email on to others that
>> you
>> think may be interested.
>
> Great idea and definitely interested!
> I also put the rave-dev@ list on the cc as I expect there will be plenty
> others there likewise interested.
>
> I'm involved as Mentor and Champion for Rave and my company (Hippo) has an
> office in Boston and potentially I might be able to put forward some help
> organizing such thing.
>
> Looking forward for more feedback on this.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ate Douma
>

>> -Ryan Baxter
>> rbaxter85@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>
>>
>> --

Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)
OpenDirective http://opendirective.com

Re: [opensocial-community] Gauging Interest In A Possible Open Standards Conference Around Boston

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.