Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Andrew Klimov <an...@yahoo.com> on 2002/04/30 15:42:00 UTC

Configure commons-logging to use log4j

Environment : Win2000Server,Tomcat-3.3a,AXIS and all the stuff for Axis(commons-logging,xerces,log4j, etc.)

What should I do for enabling output axis activity into log file?

My log4j.properties file looks like:

/************************************************************************/

log4j.rootCategory=INFO, LOGFILE
log4j.category.org.apache.axis=INFO

# LOGFILE is set to be a File appender using a PatternLayout.
log4j.appender.LOGFILE=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.LOGFILE.File=axis.log
log4j.appender.LOGFILE.Append=true
log4j.appender.LOGFILE.Threshold=INFO
log4j.appender.LOGFILE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.LOGFILE.layout.ConversionPattern=%-4r [%t] %-5p %c %x - %m%n

I'd created variable

TOMCAT_OPTS=log4j.configuration=file:/D:/jakarta-tomcat-3.3a/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties           /* Here the place for file mentioned above */

Then I had simply started from console window:

java -Dorg.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4jFactoryLog

org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient list

I had seen nothing neither on the console window neither in file axis.log

What else should I do with commons-logging or log4j for logging?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Andrew