Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andreas Neuenschwander <an...@andi.ch> on 2001/06/01 12:15:17 UTC

Re: [c2] problem with latest cvs

Hi,

I get same exception with the newest C2 version.

> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: The sitemap handler's sitemap is
> not available.

I use Jetty 3.0.6 with the latest C2 cvs version (01.06.2001)

The problem is that the sitemap will never compile.

In the log files I get the following error message:

12:06:47.942 EVENT  Cocoon2: init
12:06:48.007 EVENT  DEBUG   17      [cocoon  ] (SocketListener-0): Trying to
load class: com.ibm.servlet.classloader.Handler
+
12:06:48.046 EVENT  WARN    54      [cocoon  ] (SocketListener-0): Could not
force-load class: com.ibm.servlet.classloader.Handl
er
+ java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.servlet.classloader.Handler
+       at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
+       at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
+       at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
+       at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:297)
+       at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:253)
+       at org.apache.cocoon.util.ClassUtils.loadClass(ClassUtils.java:46)
+       at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.forceLoad(CocoonServlet.java:399)
+       at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:119)
+       at
com.mortbay.HTTP.Handler.Servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:427
)
+       at
com.mortbay.HTTP.Handler.Servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:4
30)
+       at
com.mortbay.HTTP.Handler.Servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:2
86)
+       at com.mortbay.HTTP.HandlerContext.handle(HandlerContext.java:1087)
+       at com.mortbay.HTTP.HttpServer.service(HttpServer.java:662)
+       at com.mortbay.HTTP.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:457)
+       at com.mortbay.HTTP.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:317)
+       at
com.mortbay.HTTP.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:99)
+       at com.mortbay.Util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:254)
+       at
com.mortbay.Util.ThreadPool$PoolThreadRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:601)
+       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Posted by Bryan Murphy <ja...@humaninterests.com>.
BINGO!

I've been struggling with this for awhile now myself.  I was using
Tomcat 3.3dev for a bit, and all the log files are completely different
in that version, so I wasn't sure where to look.  Anyway, I downgraded
to 3.2.2 yesterday and spent some real time looking into the problem.
 If you look in webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/logs/cocoon.log you'll see an
Exception complaining about an undefined method for an SVG object.  I
modified my sitemap.xmap file, commenting out all entries relating to
svg, restarted Tomcat and cocoon is working again.  I'm not sure what's
actually causing the problem yet, but at least doing this will let you
guys toy around with the other Cocoon2 stuff.

Bryan