Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2005/10/17 20:06:30 UTC

Logo Contest - The Results Are In !

All,

Thanks for taking the time to register your opinion and vote for your favorite
logo.  I tallied the results from the Wiki and the clear winner is Entry #19
which was submitted by Epiq
(http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/apachegeronimo4.htm)

The great news is that the selected winner appears to fit within the guidelines
of the PRC and as such there should not be a huge amount of debate.

I am copying the PMC on this note to notify them of the results and the
community's desire to make Entry #19 the logo of choice for Geronimo.  I trust
the PMC will be able to come to a quick affirmation of the Logo and provide
guidance as to making a final, official, version for inclusion in various
elements of the project.

Here are the results of the voting.

Entry		Votes	Percent of votes
Entry #19	10	32.26
Entry #21	6	19.35
Entry #18	4	12.9
Entry #6	3	9.68
Entry #14	3	9.68
Entry #22	3	9.68
Entry #2	1	3.23
Entry #9	1	3.23

Again, thanks for taking the time to register your opinion.

- Matt

Re: Logo Contest - The Results Are In !

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 10/17/05, Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> wrote:

> Thanks for taking the time to register your opinion and vote for your favorite
> logo.  I tallied the results from the Wiki and the clear winner is Entry #19
> which was submitted by Epiq
> (http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/apachegeronimo4.htm)

+1.

I'd like to at leat get some t-shirts printed up with the logo in time
for ApacheCon, if not also some stickers and maybe some other gear.

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/

Apache Geronimo
http://geronimo.apache.org/

Re: Logo Contest - The Results Are In !

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
+1

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
+1 for ratifying #19

david jencks

Posted by Gianny Damour <gi...@optusnet.com.au>.
+1 to ratify.

Gianny

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
+1 on #19

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.
+1 from me.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1 for #19

On 18 Oct 2005, at 07:47, Jules Gosnell wrote:

> +1 for #19
>
> Jules
>
> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>

>> +1 from me to ratify.  PMC members should vote here.
>>
>> Also, we'll need a contribution agreement from Epiqtech.  I'll
>> take  that as a todo.
>>
>> geir
>>

>> On Oct 17, 2005, at 8:06 PM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:
>>

>>> All,
>>>
>>> Thanks for taking the time to register your opinion and vote for
>>> your favorite logo.  I tallied the results from the Wiki and the
>>> clear winner is Entry #19 which was submitted by Epiq (http://
>>> www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/
>>> apachegeronimo4.htm)
>>>
>>> The great news is that the selected winner appears to fit within
>>> the guidelines of the PRC and as such there should not be a huge
>>> amount of debate.
>>>
>>> I am copying the PMC on this note to notify them of the results
>>> and  the community's desire to make Entry #19 the logo of choice
>>> for  Geronimo.  I trust the PMC will be able to come to a quick
>>> affirmation of the Logo and provide guidance as to making a
>>> final,  official, version for inclusion in various elements of
>>> the project.
>>>
>>> Here are the results of the voting.
>>>
>>> Entry        Votes    Percent of votes
>>> Entry #19    10    32.26
>>> Entry #21    6    19.35
>>> Entry #18    4    12.9
>>> Entry #6    3    9.68
>>> Entry #14    3    9.68
>>> Entry #22    3    9.68
>>> Entry #2    1    3.23
>>> Entry #9    1    3.23
>>>
>>> Again, thanks for taking the time to register your opinion.
>>>
>>> - Matt
>>>

> --
> "Open Source is a self-assembling organism. You dangle a piece of
> string into a super-saturated solution and a whole operating-system
> crystallises out around it."
>
> /**********************************
> * Jules Gosnell
> * Partner
> * Core Developers Network (Europe)
> *
> *    www.coredevelopers.net
> *
> * Open Source Training & Support.
> **********************************/

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: Logo Contest - The Results Are In !

Posted by Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>.
+1 for #19

Jules

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> +1 from me to ratify.  PMC members should vote here.
>
> Also, we'll need a contribution agreement from Epiqtech.  I'll take
> that as a todo.
>
> geir
>

> On Oct 17, 2005, at 8:06 PM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> Thanks for taking the time to register your opinion and vote for
>> your favorite logo.  I tallied the results from the Wiki and the
>> clear winner is Entry #19 which was submitted by Epiq (http://
>> www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/
>> apachegeronimo4.htm)
>>
>> The great news is that the selected winner appears to fit within  the
>> guidelines of the PRC and as such there should not be a huge  amount
>> of debate.
>>
>> I am copying the PMC on this note to notify them of the results and
>> the community's desire to make Entry #19 the logo of choice for
>> Geronimo.  I trust the PMC will be able to come to a quick
>> affirmation of the Logo and provide guidance as to making a final,
>> official, version for inclusion in various elements of the project.
>>
>> Here are the results of the voting.
>>
>> Entry        Votes    Percent of votes
>> Entry #19    10    32.26
>> Entry #21    6    19.35
>> Entry #18    4    12.9
>> Entry #6    3    9.68
>> Entry #14    3    9.68
>> Entry #22    3    9.68
>> Entry #2    1    3.23
>> Entry #9    1    3.23
>>
>> Again, thanks for taking the time to register your opinion.
>>
>> - Matt

crystallises out around it."

/**********************************

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> +1 from me to ratify.  PMC members should vote here.

+1 for #19.

Jacek

Re: Logo Contest - The Results Are In !

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
+1

Regards,
Alan

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me for Entry #19.

-- dims

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.

geirm@apache.org

Re: Logo Contest - The Results Are In !

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
Thanks Matt.  I got it.

geir

geirm@apache.org

Re: Logo Contest - The Results Are In !

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.

geirm@apache.org

Re: Logo Contest - The Results Are In !

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
Geir,

Looks like we have the predominant number of votes.  What is the estimated
timeline for the activity and is there anything I can do to help?

Cheers,

Matt

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.