Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by ABC <ot...@163.com> on 2013/02/01 11:00:51 UTC

fail to get the fault code when using Axis2 client send a SOAP12 msg to CXF SOAP11 endpoint

 Hi,
I am using Axis2 as my client to test a SOAP12 msg to CXF SOAP11 endpoint. But from the thrown soapFault exception, I can't get the faultcode.
I catch the response msg:
<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope">
   <soap:Body>
      <soap:Fault>
         <faultcode xmlns:ns1="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">ns1:VersionMismatch</faultcode>
         <faultstring>SOAP 1.2 is invalid .....</faultstring>
      </soap:Fault>
   </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

If I changed the server to Axis2 and I get the response:
   <soapenv:Body>
      <soapenv:Fault>
         <faultcode>soapenv:VersionMismatch</faultcode>
         <faultstring>Transport level information does not match with SOAP Message namespace URI</faultstring>
         <detail/>
      </soapenv:Fault>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

It seems the CXF just replies the soap msg in SOAP12 namespace "http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope", while Axis2 can correct it to SOAP11 namespace "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/", then the axis2 client can't figure out the fault code. Is it a issue to CXF?

Re: Re: fail to get the fault code when using Axis2 client send a SOAP12 msg to CXF SOAP11 endpoint

Posted by Aki Yoshida <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I think there is some issue with the jira plugin these days. Sometimes
the jira tickets don't get updated with the changes that have been
committed for the tickets.

For CXF-4794, the original revision in trunk is, if that is what you
wanted to see,

and if you want to get the entire source of the current snapshot
(e.g., 2.7.4 snapshot), you can go to
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/branches/2.7.x-fixes/

or the build results of the relevant component for this fix.
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/public/org/apache/cxf/cxf-rt-bindings-soap/2.7.4-SNAPSHOT/

regards, aki

Posted by ABC <ot...@163.com>.
Hi Aki Yoshida,