Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Anthony Nolan <no...@version1software.serverpros.com> on 2006/05/09 19:10:05 UTC

Passing a parameter between pages in jmeter

Hi,

I am load testing an app written by another company. They generate a unique id following the first page request. The id is sent back to the browser embedded in any links in the second page. Clicking one of these links passes the id back to the server which generates a new id. In this way the server ensures that users do not double click, or take actions more than once. I have recorded a script using the jmeter proxy. This worked ok, but the values for the unique id are hardcoded into the urls now. I tried removing them and using a variety of jmeter components to set up this daisy chaining of ids, but have not been successful. If anybody can provide some help that would be great.

Thanks

Anthony Nolan
Version 1 Software

Re: Passing a parameter between pages in jmeter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 09/05/06, Anthony Nolan <no...@version1software.serverpros.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am load testing an app written by another company. They generate a unique id following the first page request. The id is sent back to the browser embedded in any links in the second page. Clicking one of these links passes the id back to the server which generates a new id. In this way the server ensures that users do not double click, or take actions more than once. I have recorded a script using the jmeter proxy. This worked ok, but the values for the unique id are hardcoded into the urls now. I tried removing them and using a variety of jmeter components to set up this daisy chaining of ids, but have not been successful. If anybody can provide some help that would be great.

What have you tried?

Have you had a look at the JMeter FAQ?

There are some examples in the documentation.