Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Paul McFerrin <pm...@insight.rr.com> on 2002/06/01 08:02:52 UTC

httpd 1.3.22 & 1.3.24 under cygwin xmit garbage to browser

Hello:

I've been advised that my Apache server problem of loosing data is caused by a known Windows
XP problem.  At present, the fix from MS is not available via a Service Pack but can be
obtained via MS Support (possibly at no charge).

Has anyone obtained this fix from MS and wouldn't mind sharing the fix with me.  The MS
Technet article that describes this problem can be found at:

	http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q317949

Many thanks.
-Paul McFerrin

Re: httpd 1.3.22 & 1.3.24 under cygwin xmit garbage to browser

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
Paul McFerrin wrote,

> Hello:
>
> I've been advised that my Apache server problem of loosing data is caused
by a known Windows
> XP problem.  At present, the fix from MS is not available via a Service
Pack but can be
> obtained via MS Support (possibly at no charge).
>
> Has anyone obtained this fix from MS and wouldn't mind sharing the fix
with me.  The MS
> Technet article that describes this problem can be found at:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q317949

I have experienced similar problems on Windows XP and Apache 2.0.xx. My
problem don't seem to exactly as you describe, as I only get this from
(perl) cgi-output (not static, SSI, PHP, etc), and it's somewhat random if
and when it happens (everywhere from a few kB to after 300kB, or not at
all). I have called for help about this before in this forum, but no-one
seem to be willing to discuss it (see threads: Trashed/chunked response, and
Corrupt response from CGI's).

One could hope that the fix resolves the problem. If I manage to figure out
how the *$# to get it from MS without risking a huge bill, I will give it to
you, but please let me know if you find it somewhere else.

Regards,
Robert Andersson
andersson@profundis.se