Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bernard Gaughran <be...@yahoo.ie> on 2004/02/16 12:52:05 UTC

Struts form problem

I am having a problem with Struts.

I have to present the user with a number of
multi-selectable drop-down lists or text boxes. The
number/type of input fields is not known until
run-time (based on user selections in the previous
screens).
The 2 issues I see are:
generating the JSP dynamically with the property names
& types (ie,
textField1,textField2,textField3,textField4,etc)
accessing these form fields in the action class.
Normally, the form field definitions need to be
defined at compile time (whether you use Action Forms
or DynaForms)

Ideally, I'd like to use the struts framework to avail
of Validator,etc,etc.
Also, I am using Dyna Forms.

Bernard