Posted to dev@etch.apache.org by scott comer <we...@mac.com> on 2012/03/12 23:40:40 UTC

building...

finally screwing up my courage to attempt a build of trunk:

trying to build binding-c using directions from readme.txt to build apr.

run apr-install.bat convert and vs pops up a message about some projects
being corrupted.

bravely, i run apr-install.bat build:

The project file 'g:\wks\external_sources\apr\build\preaprapp.dsp' has
been corrupted and cannot be opened.
The project file 'g:\wks\external_sources\apr\build\prelibaprapp.dsp'
has been corrupted and cannot be opened.

it continues though to build and repeats the above messages a few more
times. in the end it looks like it worked.

so what's up?

scott out

Re: building...

Posted by scott comer <we...@mac.com>.
well, i have 2005 and 2008 installed

per the settings in apr-install.bat i used this setting:

set VC_HOME=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC

however, i think that is vs 2005. should that be

set VC_HOME=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC

instead?

Re: building...

Posted by Scott Comer <we...@me.com>.
I tried both v8 and v9 (2005 and 2008).

I'm stuck...

Sent from my iPhone

Re: building...

Posted by scott comer <we...@mac.com>.
so i've tried with both: 2008 and 2005. neither worked. both claimed
that preaprapp and prelibaprapp were corrupted.

scott out

Re: building...

Posted by Scott Comer <we...@me.com>.

Sent from my iPhone