Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Nikki Locke <in...@trumphurst.com> on 2006/10/16 14:30:03 UTC

Is there a mailing list for RapidSVN?

I am changing to SVN from CVS. I used to use WinCVS, which had its
problems, but was mostly functional. So I decided to use RapidSVN (0.9.3)
as being the nearest SVN alternative. I don't fancy ToutoiseSVN, because I
tried TortoiseCVS some years ago, and didn't like it.

But I am having some serious difficulties with RapidSVN, like...

It sometimes hangs.

Sometimes the right pane disappears altogether.

Attempting to Move directories seems to screw up big time.

Clicking on a directory in the left pane doesn't seem to select it for the
following operation. I tries to switch repository URLS on a directory, and
it replaces one of my files with a directory of the same name, containing
another complete copy of the checkout???

Filling in a destination directory in the checkout dialog removes whatever
you have already entered in the URL field.

I'm going to try to document these shortcomings one at a time, but I first
want to find out if I'm posting them to the right place.

--
Nikki Locke, Trumphurst Ltd.      PC & Unix consultancy & programming
http://www.trumphurst.com/

Posted by Nikki Locke <in...@trumphurst.com>.
Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> > OK, guys, I'll give it a try. I was just going on my previous experience with
> > TortoiseSVN years ago, and the impact it had on browsing non-CVS directories
> > with Windows Explorer.

Well, I had a play last night, and I was impressed. A far better tool than
RapidSVN.

Posted by Duncan Murdoch <mu...@stats.uwo.ca>.
On 10/16/2006 1:58 PM, Nikki Locke wrote:
> Tran Son Binh wrote:
>> TortoiseSVN is one of my best Subversion client. I don't have any reason to
>> use another client than TSVN. Try TSVN again and you'll see

>> > Did you actually try TSVN, or are you basing your opinion on the fact
>> > that TSVN was inspired by and partially built on TCVS, without
>> > actually trying the product?
>> >
>> > To answer the question in your subject,
>> > http://rapidsvn.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectMailingListList
>
> OK, guys, I'll give it a try. I was just going on my previous experience with
> TortoiseSVN years ago, and the impact it had on browsing non-CVS directories
> with Windows Explorer.

I'm not sure if it's because computers are a lot faster now or tsvn is
smarter, but I see very little impact on browsing times nowadays.

Duncan Murdoch

Posted by Nikki Locke <in...@trumphurst.com>.

Posted by "Binh, Tran Son" <bi...@inrialpes.fr>.

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.