Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Klaus Dornfelder <kd...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/27 17:36:54 UTC

JMX in James? How?

Hi,

I saw that in almost every package there's a xxxMBean to:
"to expose James management functionality through JMX."
I found no resources on how to manage James with JMX.

JMX UIs look pretty good (e.g. http://mc4j.org),

To use telnet for the remote manager is just a bad joke IMHO. I found
no, but I repeat: NO potential customer who agreed to use such a thing.

Is it possible to use JMX in James? How?

Thanks,

Klaus.

Re: James 2.2.0 and bug 302

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
> Hi
> according to jira
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-302 the bug is
> fixed in version 2.1.3 my question now is there a patch that
> i can run against version 2.2.0 to fix the bug , if not how i
> can get 2.1.3 version ??
>
> thanks in advance for any help
>
> Roger

Hi Roger,

I marked the bug as resolved looking the comment from Steve (I marked solved
in 2.1.3 instead of 2.3.0 by mistake, updated now).
If you look at http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-302?page=all
You will se the exact changes done to fix the bug:
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?view=rev&rev=109171

2.3.0 has not yet been released so you have to manually patch your 2.2.0 in
order to fix it.

Stefano

James 2.2.0 and bug 302