Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by pa...@wipro.com on 2006/11/01 07:56:34 UTC

How to add tomahawk support to a Sun JSF RI application

Hi All,

I am very new to JSF and Portals.As a part of my new assignment i have
been asked to upgrade to Tomahawk1.1.3.I am using Websphere5.1 and RAD
to build my application.The application uses custom components
<t:inputCalendar> and <tanelTabbedPane>.The application worked properly
with Tomahawk1.1.1 but once i have upgraded to Tomahawk1.1.3 i am
getting the error message "This portlet is unavailable".

The Jars used (apart from other common api's):
==================================
1) tomahawk1.1.3.jar
2) jsf-api.jar
3) jsf-impl.jar
4) common-fileupload.jar

Please note i have used jsf-api.jar and jsf-impl.jar and not
myfaces-all.jar.
My question is how to support <t:inputCalneder> with Sun's JSF
application.
How should i configure my extension filter and do i need any other jar
to support.

B)I have also configured the extension filter in my web.xml file.
<filter>
<filter-name>extensionsFilter</filter-name>
<filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.component.html.util.ExtensionsFilter</f
ilter-class>
<init-param>
<param-name>uploadMaxFileSize</param-name>
<param-value>100m</param-value>
<description>Set the size limit for uploaded files.
Format: 10 - 10 bytes
10k - 10 KB
10m - 10 MB
1g - 1 GB</description>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<param-name>uploadThresholdSize</param-name>
<param-value>100k</param-value>
<description>Set the threshold size - files below this limit are stored
in memory, files above this limit are stored on disk.
Format: 10 - 10 bytes
10k - 10 KB
10m - 10 MB
1g - 1 GB</description>
</init-param>
</filter>
<filter-mapping>
<filter-name>extensionsFilter</filter-name>
<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

C)But when i run the application i get the exception in the console as:

Nested Exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: ExtensionsFilter
not correctly configured. JSF mapping missing. JSF pages not covered.
Please see: http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/extensionsFilter.html.
<http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/extensionsFilter.html.>

Best Regards,
Pallavi

www.wipro.com

RE: How to add tomahawk support to a Sun JSF RI application

Posted by pals <pa...@wipro.com>.
Please help me in this regard.
:-(

Posted by Kamatchi <ka...@imantras.com>.
Hi

Please check this link. it may be useful for you

http://www.nabble.com/deploy-MyFaces-as-portlet-into-Websphere-Portal-5.1-t1946786.html

Cheers!!!
Kamatchi Sundaram
iMantras (India) Pvt Ltd

"Sincere effort surely be rewarded! For every confident step you take
against your failure, success come one step closer to you."

Disclaimer

This e-mail message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. It should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have erroneously received this message, please delete it immediately and notify the sender. The recipient acknowledges that "iMantras (India) Private Limited.", is unable to exercise control or ensure or guarantee the integrity of/over the contents of the information contained in e-mail transmissions and further acknowledges that any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and no binding nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of "iMantras (India) Private Limited.". Before opening any attachments please check them for viruses and defects.