Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Todd Stevenson <To...@imail.org> on 2022/06/30 19:11:41 UTC

NetBeans 14 does not generate correct Mac applications. I need help deploying NetBeans platform mac applications

I've been a user of NetBeans for many years and am now having problems building and deploying Mac versions of my NetBeans application.

NetBeans 14 provides an option on the main dropdown 'Package as...' which has two options for Mac users.  One creates an <application>.app folder containing the application and the other is <application>-macosx.tgz.   As I recall, the .tgz file previously would install by drag and drop on the mac platform.   Now that fails.  It seems to be centered on the <application>.conf file because it contains Windows endings (cr lf)  in the file.

NetBeans brags that it is a multi-platform development framework yet provides no documentation on handling multiple platforms. (As far as I can find)

My question is this:  Is there any documentation for dealing with mac deployment of  NetBeans platform applications?

Any other recommendations?

Thank you.

Todd Stevenson
Software Engineer - Consultant
Intermountain Healthcare
3930 Parkway Blvd |Salt Lake City, UT 84120
Office: 801-442-5112 | Cell: 801-589-1115
Todd.Stevenson@imail.org<ma...@imail.org>

[cid:image003.jpg@01D88C82.EFFB98B0]

NOTICE: This e-mail is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are prohibited from reviewing, using, disclosing or distributing this e-mail or its contents. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of this e-mail and its contents.

Re: NetBeans 14 does not generate correct Mac applications. I need help deploying NetBeans platform mac applications

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 30 Jun 2022, 20:11 Todd Stevenson, <To...@imail.org> wrote:

> My question is this:  Is there any documentation for dealing with mac
> deployment of  NetBeans platform applications?
>

> Any other recommendations?

I've been working on an alternative CLI packaging tool for the IDE and
platform. Current code is at
https://github.com/apache/netbeans-tools/tree/master/nbpackage

It's used to create the community installers for the IDE at
https://www.codelerity.com/netbeans/ The configuration files and
instructions for building those can be found at
https://github.com/codelerity/netbeans-installers

Might be an alternative option to explore?

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: NetBeans 14 does not generate correct Mac applications. I need help deploying NetBeans platform mac applications

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
You brag about being a user of NetBeans for many years, you're creating
NetBeans Platform applications, yet provide no contributions to the
NetBeans code repository. (As far as I can find.)

Gj