Posted to user@spark.apache.org by nwali <no...@utbm.fr> on 2016/01/19 13:55:56 UTC

Is there a way to co-locate partitions from two partitioned RDDs?

Hi,

I am working with Spark in Java on top of a HDFS cluster. In my code two
RDDs are partitioned with the same partitioner (HashPartitioner with the
same number of partitions), so they are co-partitioned.
Thus same keys are on the same partitions' number but that does not mean
that both RDDs are necessarily co-located, that's to say that same
partitions are on same nodes.
For example partition#1 from RDD#1 may not be on the same node as
partition#1 from RDD#2. I would like to co-locate partitioned RDDs to reduce
data transfer between nodes when applying a join operation on the RDDs.
Is there a way to do that?

Thank you