Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2008/08/04 13:50:05 UTC

Re: Trying (and failing) to build the nightly snapshot

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008, EJ Ciramella <ej...@upromise.com> wrote:

> Hey guys - I'm struggling to build the nightly snapshot and I'm sure
> this is a /palmface type problem.

As you've noted yourself, our nightly snapshots aren't really
supported right now - I'll fix the page.

If you check out Ant from svn it should build (it does build for me,
the class you are missing is there and should have been there ever
since the depend task was added).

OK, I just checked the latest subversion snapshot from
http://svn.apache.org/snapshots/ant/ and it contains the class - but
you might be forced to use GNU tar (or Ant's untar task) to extract
the archive since the file's name is longer than 100 character.

Stefan