Posted to users@camel.apache.org by stuplarosa <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/25 20:41:33 UTC

Camel JCA

I'm writing a JCA resource adapter for a proprietary protocol.  This is an
inbound JCA adapter that needs to receive the proprietary protocol, decode
it, and invoke methods on EJBs.

For other reasons, I have a Camel component for this protocol, so it seems
logical to build an adapter by pairing it with the camel-ejb endpoint.

Any thoughts about the architecture for such a resource adapter?  Most
adapters dispatch to MDBs.  Would it make sense to bypass MDBs and use the
EJB endpoint to invoke methods directly?  Would it be better to pass the
incoming stream to an MDB and invoke the route there?

Re: Camel JCA

Posted by stuplarosa <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your explanation.

If I go the MDB route, is there a camel endpoint that can invoke an MDB
using the MessageEndpointFactory?

Re: Camel JCA

Posted by tobeand <to...@gmail.com>.
In the JCA 1.5 specification, the message activation need a
ActivationSpec and a MessageEndpointFactory, ActivationSpec is used to
provide parameters to the adapter, the parameter values are defined in
MDB's ejb-jar.xml; MessageEndpointFactory is used to create
MessageEndpoints, and the MessageEndpoint is a dynamic proxy to the
MDB.

If you want use JCA message inflow without MDB, you need to define
your mechanism of message activation and deactivation, including how
to pass parameters to adapter and how to invoking a listener's method.
You may need implement your own ActivationSpec, MessageEndpointFactory
and MessageEndpoint.