Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Robert Simmons Jr." <ro...@jambit.com> on 2004/11/23 17:38:07 UTC

Changing the Client Side Transport and Adding a new one.

Greetings,

I have a customer that wishes to deploy web services over their new
custom sockets library. We would still like to use the HTTP protocol
(and HTTPS) over the new socket library but what we want to have happen
is that the clients connect using the new sockets to the server. The
server would not be altered at all so it would be available by normal
HTTP and would be oblivious to the different sockets. The model here is
that the clients need help connecting to a server that doesnt even know
about their issues. This happens when the clients are mobile.

The question I have is how can I set it so that the transport being used
takes advantage of my socket library instead of using the default java
sockets library? Is there a configuration parameter somewhere? I dont
mind if I have to build in some integration as long as I know how to use
it.

Thanks in advance.

-- Robert