Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Edouard De Oliveira <do...@yahoo.fr> on 2009/04/17 13:15:15 UTC

Re : Vysper Logo [WAS: Re: TODOs for moving Vysper]

I like this one but i would make the feathers much smaller and place them on the left so that they would be a little bit taller than the two lines figured by the Vysper name and the mina logo.

\    /
 \  /Apache mina

  \/ Vysper

or

\    /  Vysper
 \  /

  \/               Mina

or another combination

My 2 cents :)
Cordialement, Regards,
-Edouard De Oliveira-
Blog: http://tedorgwp.free.fr
WebSite: http://tedorg.free.fr/en/main.php

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.

> I hope no butterfly was hurt during the operation ;)
> Julien

As a policy, we don't hurt butterflies while removing their wings :-)

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog

Re: Re : Re : Vysper Logo [WAS: Re: TODOs for moving Vysper]

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.

Posted by Michael Jakl <ja...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 15:48, Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de> wrote:
> concerning your contributions, could you please - if you don't mind - file a
> ICLA with the ASF?
>
> see http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas

Done.

Cheers,
Michael

Re: Re : Re : Vysper Logo [WAS: Re: TODOs for moving Vysper]

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
tried a failed attempt to create a logo over the weekend :-(

Had a butterfly pic, and wanted to clip the wings and use them as "V"

Meanwhile will keep trying for some more ideas.

Posted by Michael Jakl <ja...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 15:48, Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de> wrote:
> concerning your contributions, could you please - if you don't mind - file a
> ICLA with the ASF?
>
> see http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas

Of course, I will do so on Monday.

Cheers,
Michael

Re: Re : Re : Vysper Logo [WAS: Re: TODOs for moving Vysper]

Posted by Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com>.
#4 is the best..

Re: Re : Re : Re : Vysper Logo [WAS: Re: TODOs for moving Vysper]

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
These are good one :-)

Have couple more ideas like how about just "v", something like twitter "t"
or a c big "V" and a small bird on top of it.

I know I miss the speed with which Micheal is working :-(

Just back from Karate classes and its time to work out this logo.
Give me sometime and will be back with the logo :-)

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de>.
Michael Jakl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 11:07, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> wrote:
>> May I suggest all those logo to be stored into the MINA logo page,
>> with a number, so when it will be a good timing for a vote, we can
>> simply point to this page ?
>
> I would do so, but I don't have the right permissions (on the
> Mina-Artwork page[1]). If I prepare an archive for the source files
> and various logo-sizes could someone else do the upload?

Yes, please open a JIRA and attach the files (check ASF license).

Thanks,

   Bernd

Re: Re : Re : Re : Vysper Logo [WAS: Re: TODOs for moving Vysper]

Posted by Michael Jakl <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

 1: http://mina.apache.org/artwork.html

Re: Re : Re : Re : Vysper Logo [WAS: Re: TODOs for moving Vysper]

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de>.
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Guys, there are a lot of god logos there... I like the one with the
> black rounded rectangle in the background.
>

> May I suggest all those logo to be stored into the MINA logo page,

You mean this page?

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MINA/Artwork

> with a number, so when it will be a good timing for a vote, we can
> simply point to this page ?

Michael uploaded his designs as

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LABS-349

I will add them as soon as I know where to put them exactly.

> Many thanks !
>
> Seems like Vysper is on track to exit from labs :)

Yes, we are on-track. In a few hours the final vote on Labs ends. :-)

  Bernd

Re: Re : Re : Re : Vysper Logo [WAS: Re: TODOs for moving Vysper]

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Guys, there are a lot of god logos there... I like the one with the
black rounded rectangle in the background.

May I suggest all those logo to be stored into the MINA logo page,
with a number, so when it will be a good timing for a vote, we can
simply point to this page ?

Many thanks !

Seems like Vysper is on track to exit from labs :)
Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Re : Re : Re : Vysper Logo [WAS: Re: TODOs for moving Vysper]

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de>.
Edouard De Oliveira wrote:
> IMHO the 4th is really cool ! exactly what i had i mind
> good job :)

+1! Wow, that's a great one!

Thanks Michael!

   Bernd

>  Cordialement, Regards,
> -Edouard De Oliveira-
> Blog: http://tedorgwp.free.fr
> WebSite: http://tedorg.free.fr/en/main.php

Objet : Re: Re : Re : Vysper Logo [WAS: Re: TODOs for moving Vysper]

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de>.
Michael Jakl wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 14:21, Edouard De Oliveira <do...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
>> i do agree if some remainder to mina is a wish maybe combining the V feathers with mina logo (replacing the mina text with Vysper) is the way
>
> Good point!
>
> Here a few ideas based on the Mina logo:
>
> http://stuff.interlinked.org/VysperLogos/mina_vysper.png (first try,
> click on your own risk :))
> http://stuff.interlinked.org/VysperLogos/mina_vysper2.png
> http://stuff.interlinked.org/VysperLogos/mina_vysper3.png
> http://stuff.interlinked.org/VysperLogos/mina_vysper4.png (like 3 but
> with shadows)
>
> Cheers,
> Michael

Hi Michael,

Posted by Michael Jakl <ja...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 14:21, Edouard De Oliveira <do...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> i do agree if some remainder to mina is a wish maybe combining the V feathers with mina logo (replacing the mina text with Vysper) is the way

Good point!

Here a few ideas based on the Mina logo:

http://stuff.interlinked.org/VysperLogos/mina_vysper.png (first try,
click on your own risk :))
http://stuff.interlinked.org/VysperLogos/mina_vysper2.png
http://stuff.interlinked.org/VysperLogos/mina_vysper3.png
http://stuff.interlinked.org/VysperLogos/mina_vysper4.png (like 3 but
with shadows)

Cheers,
Michael

Re : Re : Vysper Logo [WAS: Re: TODOs for moving Vysper]

Envoyé le : Vendredi, 17 Avril 2009, 14h11mn 26s
Objet : Re: Re : Vysper Logo [WAS: Re: TODOs for moving Vysper]

Le Fri, 17 Apr 2009 14:01:23 +0200,
Michael Jakl <ja...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi!
>
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 13:15, Edouard De Oliveira
> <do...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> >
> > I like this one but i would make the feathers much smaller and
> > place them on the left so that they would be a little bit taller
> > than the two lines figured by the Vysper name and the mina logo.
> >
> > \    /
> >  \  /Apache mina
> >
> >  \/ Vysper
> >
> > or
> >
> > \    /  Vysper
> >  \  /
> >
> >  \/               Mina
> >
> > or another combination
>
> Like this?
> http://stuff.interlinked.org/VysperLogos/vysper_xmpp_play_with_text_horizontal.png
>
> Cheers,
> Michael

I'm not sure adding the mina logo is a good idea, make the logo less
readable at small size.
Julien

Re: Re : Vysper Logo [WAS: Re: TODOs for moving Vysper]

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.

Posted by Edouard De Oliveira <do...@yahoo.fr>.
i do :)
 Cordialement, Regards,
-Edouard De Oliveira-
Blog: http://tedorgwp.free.fr
WebSite: http://tedorg.free.fr/en/main.php

Envoyé le : Vendredi, 17 Avril 2009, 14h01mn 23s

Posted by Michael Jakl <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi!