Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Gul Akbar <G....@Bradford.ac.uk> on 2003/02/01 13:14:06 UTC

METS Records

Hello all,

Has anyone had any experience with METS (Metadata Encoding & Transmission
Standards) records. This is where one record points to another in a structured
approach.

I was wondering if anyone had any idea how I would store these records in the
Xindice database.
[http://www.loc.gov/standards/mets/]

This mail sent through IMP: webmail.brad.ac.uk

Xindice Questions

Posted by te...@email.unc.edu.
Hello all,
I am currently a graduate student in Information Science at the
University of NC at Chapel Hill. I just starting using Xindice and
really think it's a great tool. Bravo for the Apache XML project! For a
user interface course I'm in this semester, I am planning to build a
prototype for a gui-based content management system that sits on top of
the Xindice database. I need some users though to answer a few
questions...as there obviously aren't a plethora of ppl at the
university that have ever used a native XML database :)

So, if you have a few seconds in your day for a lowly grad student, it
would be great if you could answer 7 questions about how you decided to
use a native XML database...Either fill answers out at this url:
http://www.questionbuilder.com/html/styles/corporate.shtml?cqmid=2659

or respond directly to me with answers to the questions below. I would
greatly appreciate it and I swear I won't clog up the user list again!
Additionally, the results of the survey will not be used for any
commercial purposes. They are primarily for me to get a feel of what
features would be appropriate for a GUI that works with Xindice.

Cheers,
Susan
former java developer, current grad student

QUESTIONS:
Name 2-3 reasons why you chose to use a native XML database?

Do you find a command line interface difficult to use with a native XML
database?

Would you prefer to use a GUI based interface
for database management (i.e., a content management system
that sits on the Xindice database)?

Do you currently use a content management tool or database management
tool for organizing and managing XML documents?

If so, which tools do you use?

List 3-4 tasks you do on a daily basis with the Xindice database.