using xindice embedded and server against same database?

Hi,

Is it possible to use Xindice as an embedded database and aslo as a
server database against the same datafiles?

Our plan is to use the server as a means of maintaining the data (
adding documents, indexing, doing maintanenance via XinCon possibly,
etc.. ) and using the embedded database to retrieve the documents for
our web application ( basically, read-only ).

Though I have not worked with the embedded database ( only the server in
1.0 ), I was wondering if this was a possibility.

Thanks in advance,

-a