Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "John Beaulaurier -X (jbeaulau - ADVANCED NETWORK INFORMATION INC at Cisco)" <jb...@cisco.com> on 2014/11/26 18:34:26 UTC

SSH passwordless & Hadoop starup/shutdown scripts

Hello,

I had originally configured our dev cluster with SSH passwordless connectivity to the datanodes, but had a passphrase. I have
updated with no passphrase, and have copied the new public key to all datanodes updating their know_host files, and have tested
SSH with no passphrase from the namenode to all three datanodes with success. However when I initiate a stop-dfs.sh or
stop-mapred.sh as user running the current Hadoop processes the following is returned without ending the processes.

no namenode to stop
hostname,hostname,hostname,hostname: ssh: hostname,hostname,hostname,hostname: Name or service not knows

Can someone suggest where I should be looking for configuration issues?

Thank you
-John

Re: SSH passwordless & Hadoop starup/shutdown scripts

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.
Good. Can you share what was the issue do it can help others? Thanks.

Regards,
Shahab

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.