Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by sf...@icconsulting.com.au on 2001/02/13 13:23:53 UTC

mod_jk and jhtml

Hi,

I am probably after a developer to help me out.

I have performed lots of debugging / testing / and reading code - so I
hope i dont waste your time.

I am using tomcat-mod-3.2.1-1 - that I found on www.rpmfind.net - so I
didn't actually compile it myself. apache-1.3.12-2 from rehat 6.2, and
tomcat-3.2.1-1 from rpmfind.net.

I am trying to get tomcat to parse jhtml files - and serve them - much the
same as jsp pages.

Here is a bit of a debug trace:

<this is from a .jhtml page>

[jk_uri_worker_map.c (344)]: Into jk_uri_worker_map_t::map_uri_to_worker

[jk_uri_worker_map.c (406)]: jk_uri_worker_map_t::map_uri_to_worker, Found
a mat
ch ajp12

<this is from a .jsp page>

[jk_uri_worker_map.c (344)]: Into jk_uri_worker_map_t::map_uri_to_worker

[jk_uri_worker_map.c (406)]: jk_uri_worker_map_t::map_uri_to_worker, Found
a mat
ch ajp12
[jk_worker.c (123)]: Into wc_get_worker_for_name ajp12
[jk_worker.c (127)]: wc_get_worker_for_name, done  found a worker

I get the match ok from JkMount and it matches to my ajp12 no problem -
but it doesn't kick off a wc_get_worker_for_name.

I tried to follow your source code - I got as far as working out where
map_uri_to_worker is called from, and that 406 is the line number, and it
looks as though it returns a worker - aka ajp12.

What is between that match and kicking of the actual worker into action?

I tried on a gif file as well - and it seemed to process it OK as well. I
noticed its mime-type in the debug trace from mod_jk as well. Do I need to
set a particular mime type fro the jhtml file to be parsed as a jsp page?
Or is the problem just some security checking somewhere?

I got all this to work on tomcat 3.1 - but using the mod_jserv connector.
But it seemed to send all files to the jvm - including static files - and
made things quite slow.I am hoping to get the same functionality back -
but faster under mod_jk.

I appreciate any help you can give.

Scott