Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Hendrik Busch <he...@lexisnexis.de> on 2007/02/19 14:57:33 UTC

Trouble with Release-Plugin and SVN

Hi,

I've got trouble performing a release of a maven project using the
release-plugin and SVN. All SCM-paths are setup correctly, but there
seems a to be problem with the way Maven calls my local svn-command.

When I run

  mvn release:prepare -DdryRun=true

I get the following (even if I omit the dry-run-flag)

[hb@pcbusch trunk]$ mvn release:prepare -DdryRun=true
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'release'.
[INFO]
[INFO] Building LexDB SearchEngine
[INFO]    task-segment: [release:prepare] (aggregator-style)
[INFO]

[INFO] [release:prepare]
[INFO] What tag name should be used?
REL_0-2
[INFO] Verifying there are no local modifications ...
[INFO] Checking lineage for snapshots ...
[INFO] Checking dependencies for snapshots ...
[INFO] Checking plugins for snapshots ...
[INFO] What is the release version for
'de.lexisnexis.database:searchengine'? [0.2]

[INFO] Checking in modified POMs
[INFO] Tagging release with the label REL_0-2.
Provider message:
The svn tag command failed.
Command output:
svn: Lokale Operationen ohne Übertragung benötigen keine Log-Meldung

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] An error is occurred in the tag process.

The svn message translated rougly to:

Local operations without transmission do not need a log message

Another problem is that the plugin already checks in the modified
release version of the POM although the dry-run flag is specified and I
have to rollback this modification manually.

Has anybody an idea how to perform a working release with Maven and SVN?
I'm running Maven 2.0.5 and the installed SVN version is 1.3.2.

Thank you!

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Hendrik Busch - Stellv. Leiter der Softwareentwicklung

LexisNexis Deutschland GmbH
http://www.lexisnexis.de
Feldstiege 100
D-48161 Münster
phone +49 (0) 2533-9300-455
fax +49 (0) 02533-9300-50
hendrik.busch@lexisnexis.de

LexisNexis Deutschland GmbH, M�nster
Gesch�ftsf�hrer: Olaf Hantel, Claus Damwerth, Michael Freter, Alan Wylie
AG M�nster, HRB 7778 - USt.-ID: 152942868 - St.-Nr. 143/174/60571
Ein Unternehmen der Reed Elsevier Gruppe