Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Ramesh Babu Pokala - TLS, Chennai" <PR...@hcl.in> on 2007/04/17 16:54:41 UTC

How to set class path in maven POM

Hi All,

   How to set all dependent jar files to the classpath in maven to
compile the RCP Application?

Thanks & Regards
Ramesh Babu.P

HCL Technologies - Chennai ( +91-9884506300 ' +9144-23728366 Extn: 1232
* prameshbabu@hcl.in <ma...@hcl.in>

DISCLAIMER:

Re: RE: RE: How to set class path in maven POM

Posted by Thorsten Heit <th...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

> I saw one mail in this group saying
>
> >From Davis:  i know that mvn depenendency:resolve
> depdendency:build-classpath will dump a classpath list of all
> transitive/non-transitive jars.
>
> What is the purpose of the above command?

See http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/build-classpath-mojo.html:

"This goal will output a classpath string of dependencies from the local repository to a file or log"

i.e. a string that contains all the [transitive] dependencies that are used/referenced by your pom.xml.

Thorsten

RE: RE: How to set class path in maven POM

Posted by "Ramesh Babu Pokala - TLS, Chennai" <PR...@hcl.in>.

I saw one mail in this group saying

>From Davis:  i know that mvn depenendency:resolve
depdendency:build-classpath will dump a classpath list of all
transitive/non-transitive jars.

What is the purpose of the above command?
Will it be used to use classpath automatically for dependent files?

Thanks & Regards
Ramesh Babu.P

Posted by Thorsten Heit <th...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

> I know how to set the dependency in POM.
> But I have around 50 dependent jar files. Do I need to manually install
> and set the dependency in POM?

If you really need them all: Yes.

> Or is there any otherway?

No.

HTH

Thorsten

RE: How to set class path in maven POM

Posted by "Ramesh Babu Pokala - TLS, Chennai" <PR...@hcl.in>.

I know how to set the dependency in POM.
But I have around 50 dependent jar files. Do I need to manually install
and set the dependency in POM?
Or is there any otherway?
Thank you..

Thanks & Regards
Ramesh Babu.P

Posted by Tim Kettler <ti...@udo.edu>.
Hi,

Posted by "Ramesh Babu Pokala - TLS, Chennai" <PR...@hcl.in>.

wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>    How to set all dependent jar files to the classpath in maven to
> compile the RCP Application?
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Ramesh Babu.P
>
> HCL Technologies - Chennai ( +91-9884506300 ' +9144-23728366 Extn:
> 1232
> * prameshbabu@hcl.in <ma...@hcl.in>
>

> DISCLAIMER:

intended for the named recipient(s) only.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.