Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Johan Oskarsson <jo...@oskarsson.nu> on 2009/02/12 12:38:56 UTC

Hudson nightly builds setup

I have setup three nightly Hive builds on the Apache hosted Hudson
install, thanks to Dhruba for all the help.

Builds, http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/Hive/
Hive with hadoop 0.17
Hive with hadoop 0.18
Hive with hadoop 0.19

The builds are fairly simple right now, it only checks out the latest
trunk and builds + runs tests against the Hadoop versions mentioned above.

We could add Findbugs and Checkstyle checks. Especially findbugs is
quite useful, similar to this:
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/Hadoop/job/Hadoop-trunk/violations/

It seems like testCliDriver_udf7 fails for all Hadoop versions and as we
know input_3limit.q fails on 0.17.

http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Hive-trunk-h0.19/lastBuild/testReport/org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli/TestCliDriver/testCliDriver_udf7/

http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Hive-trunk-h0.17/lastBuild/testReport/org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli/TestCliDriver/testCliDriver_input3_limit/

/Johan

Re: Hudson nightly builds setup

Posted by Dhruba Borthakur <dh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Johan,

Thanks for this info. It would be nice if you can send an email to
general@hadoop.apache.org saying that you are thinking of making Hudson-Hive
use Cobertura and if there are any licensing issues that we need to be
concerned about. It would be nice to check before we install Cobertura on
apache machine.

thanks again,
dhruba

Posted by Johan Oskarsson <jo...@oskarsson.nu>.