Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Rolf Stoll <Ro...@t-online.de> on 2000/06/12 09:48:25 UTC

mod_perl, Perl 5.6 .0 &DBI

Hello,

I have Problems with mod-perl V. 1.24 working together with perl 5.6.0
and a script that use DBI.
I use Apache 1.3.12 with Linux.
As a CGI without mod_perl the script works fine (it is no Problem of my
database configuration).

With mod_perl I get a:   [notice] child pid 652 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)
as soon as i try to make a $dbh = DBI->connect(...);
What kind of problem is this?
Does mod_perl not cooperate with Perl 5.6.0 or is this a Problem of the
DBI-Module?
Hope someone can help.
best regards

Rolf

Re: mod_perl, Perl 5.6 .0 & DBI

Posted by Rolf Stoll <Ro...@t-online.de>.
On Mon, Jun 12, 2000 at 09:48:25AM +0200, Rolf Stoll wrote:
> > With mod_perl I get a:   [notice] child pid 652 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)
> > as soon as i try to make a $dbh = DBI->connect(...);

> For me, I solved the problem by configuring PHP4
> with --with-mysql=/usr/local, which forced it to use the
> libmysqlclient
> in /usr/local/lib/mysql, and things were much happier.
> -- Jake Buchholz

Thank You for solving the Problem. With Your advices mod_perl works for
me fine with DBI on my MySQL-database. That PHP 4.0 is the reason for my
problems I had never thought. Great.

Re: mod_perl, Perl 5.6 .0 &DBI

Posted by jake buchholz <ja...@execpc.com>.
On Mon, Jun 12, 2000 at 09:48:25AM +0200, Rolf Stoll wrote:
> I have Problems with mod-perl V. 1.24 working together with perl 5.6.0
> and a script that use DBI.
> I use Apache 1.3.12 with Linux.
> As a CGI without mod_perl the script works fine (it is no Problem of my
> database configuration).
>
> With mod_perl I get a:   [notice] child pid 652 exit signal Segmentation
> fault (11)
> as soon as i try to make a $dbh = DBI->connect(...);
> What kind of problem is this?
> Does mod_perl not cooperate with Perl 5.6.0 or is this a Problem of the
> DBI-Module?

I recently ran into this same (or similar problem).  Do you have PHP4
in the kernel or loaded as a module?  As it turns out, PHP4 has its own
mysql client code, and if you specify just --with-mysql when building
it, it'll use it's code, and not try to load libmysqlclient.so.  However,
when DBI loads DBD::mysql, and then tries to use libmysqlclient functions,
you get the segfault.  For me, I solved the problem by configuring PHP4

--
Jake Buchholz, Senior Systems Administrator     :           /~\
ExecPC (a Voyager.net company, NASDAQ: VOYN)    :    ASCII  \ /  Against