Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by anton dos santos <ad...@free.fr> on 2011/01/31 20:13:21 UTC

Adding listeners in BXML

Hi
I want to add a listener coded in java to a button. I tried following syntax:

|||<||PushButton| |buttonData||=||"Click Me!"||>|
|||<||buttonPressListeners||>|
|<utils:MyListener/>|
|||</||buttonPressListeners||>|
|||</||PushButton||>|

but got an exception.
It seems to me that only scripts can be added as listeners in BXML. Is this right or am I doing
something wrong in the above code ?

Regards
Anton

Re: Adding listeners in BXML

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

> I think it is a worthwhile feature to add.
I agree.
> My first thoughts were that it would already be supported as it is just
> another java class being set in BXML.  I didn't realise it was a special
> case.
me too :-) ...

Bye

Re: Adding listeners in BXML

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.
I think it is a worthwhile feature to add.  My first thoughts were that it
would already be supported as it is just another java class being set in
BXML.  I didn't realise it was a special case.

Chris

Re: Adding listeners in BXML

Re: Adding listeners in BXML

Posted by anton dos santos <ad...@free.fr>.
Hi

Most of the time I try to put in BXML the GUI layout and user interactions, whereas the bindable is
for  back-end integration, data transformations and loading the GUI.
In this case, I wanted to have buttons that get pressed when user hits return key and since I prefer
java to javascript ...
Anyway, I can can live without this feature, but at least it would be good to document in the
tutorial that only scripted listeners are possible in BXML.

Regards
Anton

Re: Adding listeners in BXML

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.