Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Fred <a7...@telus.net> on 2003/06/04 02:21:53 UTC

How to integrate LDAP with Turbine's own DB security service?

Hi,
I am looking for an example TurbineResources.properties, code, instructions and/or tips on integrating LDAP security service with DBSecurityService. Essentially I want LDAP to handle user authentication and DBSecurityService to handle application-level user authorization. If an user passes authentication but not defined in TURBINE_USER, then the user will be added to the table with proper default role (I can program that).
I believe this is a very common requirement for any real-world enterprise application.
Any advise is appreciated, especially from hand-on experience.
Thanks!

Fred