Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/22 18:44:07 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.31.0

Hi folks,

I have put together a spin for a 0.31.0 Qpid JMS client release,
please give it a test out and vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.31.0-rc1/

The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1133

The JIRAs assigned are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12342832

Regards,
Robbie

P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
access the staging repo:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1133</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

The dependency for the client itself would then be:

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
    <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
    <version>0.31.0</version>
  </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.31.0

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 22 March 2018 at 18:44, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.31.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.31.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1133
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12342832
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
> src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
> access the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1133</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>     <version>0.31.0</version>
>   </dependency>

+1

I checked things over as follows:
- Verified the signature and checksum files.
- Checked the LICENCE and NOTICE files in the archives.
- Ran mvn apache-rat:check to verify licence headers in the source archive.
- Ran the source build and tests, all good.
- Built Qpid Broker-J master against the staging repo, ran the tests using
the MMS profile, also ran the joram tests, all good.
- Built ActiveMQ 5 master and  ran its AMQP tests using the staging
repo, all good.
- Built ActiveMQ Artemis master and ran its AMQP tests using the staging
repo, all good.
- Ran HelloWorld against qpid-broker-j 7.0.2 and qpid-cpp 1.38.0-rc1 brokers.

Robbie

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.31.0

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 03/22/2018 02:44 PM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.31.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.31.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1133
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12342832
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
> src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
> access the staging repo:
>
>    <repositories>
>      <repository>
>        <id>staging</id>
>        <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1133</url>
>      </repository>
>    </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>      <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>      <version>0.31.0</version>
>    </dependency>

+1

* Validated signatures and checksums
* Checked for included License and Notice files.
* Checked source licenses using mvn apache-rat:check
* Built from source and ran the tests
* Built ActiveMQ 5.x against staged artifacts and ran the AMQP test suite
* Built ActiveMQ Artemis against staged artifacts and ran the AMQP test
suite
* Built the example and ran the Hello World sample against an ActiveMQ
5.x broker

--
Tim Bish

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.31.0

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.
+1 ... I used the staging repo and run my tests against different versions
of the C++ broker.

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
On 26 March 2018 at 10:43, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Agreed, while not ideal given it [problem using Google's access_tokens] isn't breaking anything that already
> worked and can simply be fixed as a bug in the next release, giving a
> reason to do it sooner.

Thanks, I'm happy with that

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPIDJMS-372

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.31.0

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Agreed, while not ideal given it isn't breaking anything that already

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 22/03/18 18:44, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.31.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.

+1 (verified signature and hash, built from source including running of
all tests, ran example against router from master, java broker 7.0.2 and
c++ broker 1.38 rc1)