Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> on 2008/04/18 18:32:43 UTC

2.1.x ITs

John, was just talking to Brian to see how many ITs were failing with
2.1.x as I used the whole system using xbean reflect and I only see
one IT failing:

testitMNG3473
(org.apache.maven.integrationtests.MavenITmng3473PluginReportCrash)

I'm loading this back up in Hudson as the the last run didn't even get
started.

If this is the only one failing then it's a Maven problem and I'm
going to merge in XBR to Plexus and then in Maven.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

and sit softly on your shoulder ...

-- Thoreau

Re: 2.1.x ITs

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
I fixed that test last week in maven 2.1

-john

On Apr 18, 2008, at 12:32 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> John, was just talking to Brian to see how many ITs were failing
> with 2.1.x as I used the whole system using xbean reflect and I
> only see one IT failing:
>
> testitMNG3473
> (org.apache.maven.integrationtests.MavenITmng3473PluginReportCrash)
>
> I'm loading this back up in Hudson as the the last run didn't even
> get started.
>
> If this is the only one failing then it's a Maven problem and I'm
> going to merge in XBR to Plexus and then in Maven.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason

> Jason van Zyl
> Founder,  Apache Maven
> jason at sonatype dot com
>
> happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will
> elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will
> come
> and sit softly on your shoulder ...
>
> -- Thoreau

---
John Casey
Committer and PMC Member, Apache Maven
mail: jdcasey at commonjava dot org
blog: http://www.ejlife.net/blogs/john
rss: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ejlife/john

Re: 2.1.x ITs

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 18-Apr-08, at 7:22 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> On 19/04/2008, at 12:32 AM, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>
>> If this is the only one failing then it's a Maven problem and I'm
>> going to merge in XBR to Plexus and then in Maven.
>
> Can you elaborate on what this will facilitate in Maven?

Employing a more widely used DI mechanism (Geronimo, OpenEJB) that
provides constructor injection, factory beans and full support for
generics. I looked at Guice and XBean reflect. Guice cannot support
what we do as it only does annotations, and Dain wanted to do the work
in this first phase and Paul/Mauro will also help when we get to the
next stage which is merging all of this with Pico. It's part of
getting XBR, Pico, and Plexus all cooperating. XBR also seamlessly
integrated in a completely non-invasive way which is pretty
impressive. I didn't have to make a single change in Maven, and no one
will have to make a single change in any Plexus component or Maven
plugin which is really quite amazing. So we can go forward with many
more features that XBR provides without violating any existing
contracts. Dain just made it all work.

I'm frankly excited as it injects some new blood into the core of
Maven. We'll now have Dain and David to help on very core issues, and
when Pico enters the mix we'll have Paul and Mauro.

> - Brett
>
> --
> Brett Porter
> brett@apache.org
> http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

First, the taking in of scattered particulars under one Idea,
so that everyone understands what is being talked about ... Second,
the separation of the Idea into parts, by dividing it at the joints,
as nature directs, not breaking any limb in half as a bad carver might.

-- Plato, Phaedrus (Notes on the Synthesis of Form by C. Alexander)

Re: 2.1.x ITs

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.