Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Виталий Барановский <vi...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/06 16:53:46 UTC

How can I develop web-site with Jetspeed-2 with static-like urls?

 Good day!

We need to develop web-site with static-like urls using Jetspeed. Please,
help me.

For example, page News in our web-site. This page contains portlet, that
gets news by id from database, and displays its content. So, when i open by
jetspeed url http://mycompany.net/news.psml?id=051129001 jetspeed returns
page News.psml with portlet contains news with id 051129001.
Also we want to optimize a process of crawling and indexing of our website
by search engines' robots. So, we want to use static-like urls. For example,
we need user have entered http://mycompany.net/news/051129001.html and gets
page with portlet, that displays news with id is equal 051129001 from
database. What is the best way to do it if we are using jetspeed-2 as portal
engine?

Thanks!

P.S.: Sorry for my bad English

Re: How can I develop web-site with Jetspeed-2 with static-like urls?

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.
Have you tried the mod_rewrite module in the Apache web server. I
think it's the right way to go. It will do everything you need.
Combine it with mod_cache and you've got everything you described
below.

Phil

Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy
Office: +33 5 56 60 88 02
Mobile: +33 6 20 83 22 62

Re: How can I develop web-site with Jetspeed-2 with static-like urls?

Posted by Vitaly Baranovsky <vi...@gmail.com>.
You don't understand me.

Posted by Ruben Fragoso <ru...@tap.pt>.

Posted by Vitaly Baranovsky <vi...@gmail.com>.
What is this? Can you explain? How can I use it? Can you give me a link?

2006/6/14, apache@salesfactory.org <ap...@salesfactory.org>:

> user url-rewriting

AW: How can I develop web-site with Jetspeed-2 with static-like urls?

Posted by ap...@salesfactory.org.
user url-rewriting

Posted by Vitaly Baranovsky <vi...@gmail.com>.
Good day!