Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Howard Young <ho...@freeola.net> on 2007/03/23 13:18:12 UTC

[users@httpd] SSI enabled alternative method

Hello,

Re:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/howto/ssi.html

I see the link specifies two methods of enabling SSI.  shtml and xbithack.
If I were to create a symlink or shortcut called thehtmlfile.shtml and
point it at thehtmlfile.html, could the html file remain as before but
be evaluated when referred to via its symlink.

The objective being that pages linking to that page would be unaffected,
and so long as the SSI information added to the html did not make some
readable fault such as a missing date or other information then there
would be no problem when it was not added.

Additionally would it not be possible to consider that the opposite is
possible.
So change the .html name to shtml then create a symlink from .html to .shtml

Howard