Posted to dev@shardingsphere.apache.org by Zhang Yonglun <zh...@apache.org> on 2019/08/17 07:44:36 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache ShardingSphere (Incubating) 4.0.0-RC2 [ROUND 4]

Hello ShardingSphere Community,

This is a call for vote to release Apache ShardingSphere (Incubating)
version 4.0.0-RC2

Release notes:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/blob/dev/RELEASE-NOTES.md

The release candidates:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/shardingsphere/4.0.0-RC2/

Maven 2 staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/shardingsphere/

Git tag for the release:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/tree/4.0.0-RC2

Release Commit ID:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/commit/85f2ff877a7aaf122998964a0d03f7c9b2830e36

Keys to verify the Release Candidate:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/shardingsphere/KEYS
GPG username: zhangyonglun

Look at here for how to verify this release candidate:
https://shardingsphere.apache.org/community/en/contribute/release/

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of
votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve

[ ] +0 no opinion

[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Checklist for reference:

[ ] Download links are valid.

[ ] Checksums and PGP signatures are valid.

[ ] DISCLAIMER is included.

[ ] Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current release.

[ ] LICENSE and NOTICE files are correct for each ShardingSphere repo.

[ ] All files have license headers if necessary.

[ ] No compiled archives bundled in source archive.

--
Zhang Yonglun
Apache ShardingSphere

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ShardingSphere (Incubating) 4.0.0-RC2 [ROUND 4]

Posted by juan pan <pa...@apache.org>.
+1

The following checking items have been done.
[X] Download links are valid.

[X] Checksums and PGP signatures are valid.

[X] DISCLAIMER is included.

[X] Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current release.

[X] LICENSE and NOTICE files are correct for each ShardingSphere repo.

[X] All files have license headers if necessary.

[X] No compiled archives bundled in source archive.

---------------------------------
Juan Pan (Trista)
Apache ShardingSphere

Zhang Yonglun <zh...@apache.org> 于2019年8月17日周六 下午3:44写道:

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
+1 (mentor)

The following checking items have been done.
[X] Download links are valid.

[X] Checksums and PGP signatures are valid.

[X] DISCLAIMER is included.

[X] Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current release.

[X] LICENSE and NOTICE files are correct for each ShardingSphere repo.

[X] No compiled archives bundled in source archive.

Craig

> On Aug 17, 2019, at 12:44 AM, Zhang Yonglun <zh...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hello ShardingSphere Community,
>
> This is a call for vote to release Apache ShardingSphere (Incubating)
> version 4.0.0-RC2
>
> Release notes:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/blob/dev/RELEASE-NOTES.md
>
> The release candidates:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/shardingsphere/4.0.0-RC2/
>
> Maven 2 staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/shardingsphere/
>
> Git tag for the release:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/tree/4.0.0-RC2
>
> Release Commit ID:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/commit/85f2ff877a7aaf122998964a0d03f7c9b2830e36
>
> Keys to verify the Release Candidate:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/shardingsphere/KEYS
> GPG username: zhangyonglun
>
> Look at here for how to verify this release candidate:
> https://shardingsphere.apache.org/community/en/contribute/release/
>
> The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of
> votes are reached.
>
> Please vote accordingly:
>
> [ ] +1 approve
>
> [ ] +0 no opinion
>
> [ ] -1 disapprove with the reason
>
> Checklist for reference:
>
> [ ] Download links are valid.
>
> [ ] Checksums and PGP signatures are valid.
>
> [ ] DISCLAIMER is included.
>
> [ ] Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current release.
>
> [ ] LICENSE and NOTICE files are correct for each ShardingSphere repo.
>
> [ ] All files have license headers if necessary.
>
> [ ] No compiled archives bundled in source archive.
>
> --
> Zhang Yonglun
> Apache ShardingSphere

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re:[VOTE] Release Apache ShardingSphere (Incubating) 4.0.0-RC2 [ROUND 4]

Posted by Sion Yang <sc...@163.com>.
+1

The following checking items have been done.
[X] Download links are valid.

[X] Checksums and PGP signatures are valid.

[X] DISCLAIMER is included.

[X] Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current release.

[X] LICENSE and NOTICE files are correct for each ShardingSphere repo.

[X] All files have license headers if necessary.

[X] No compiled archives bundled in source archive.

--

Yi Yang(Sion)
Apache ShardingSphere

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.
+1

I checked:

[X] Download links are valid.

[X] Checksums and PGP signatures are valid.

[X] DISCLAIMER is included.

[X] Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current release.

[X] LICENSE and NOTICE files are correct for each ShardingSphere repo.

[X] All files have license headers if necessary.

[X] No compiled archives bundled in source archive.
------------------

Liang Zhang (John)
Apache ShardingSphere & Dubbo

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the information.
I will post my +1 on IPMC mailing list.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Zhang Yonglun <zh...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
One question

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

[1]https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/shardingsphere/

Posted by Hao Cao <ca...@gmail.com>.
+1

sunbufu <su...@163.com> 于2019年8月19日周一 下午12:12写道:

--
Hao Cao (Chris)

Posted by sunbufu <su...@163.com>.
+1

Posted by Zhang Yonglun <zh...@apache.org>.
Hi Craig,

We have updated the release doc[1] to fix the two problems you mentioned so
that we can use correct mail template the next time.

1.  Use PPMC member instead of binding while community instead of
non-binding in the vote result announcement.

2.  Add note to invite all mentors to vote during the community vote.

[1] https://shardingsphere.apache.org/community/en/contribute/release/

Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> 于2019年8月21日周三 上午2:33写道:

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I'd like to suggest that when a release vote does not get all mentors to vote, we should ping them so the IPMC vote is just a formality. This results in a lot less stress on everyone in the incubator community.

If mentors respond that they are just too busy right now, we should accept that and move on.

But mentors should be given an explicit chance to vote if perhaps they missed it in their email.

Thanks,

Craig

> On Aug 20, 2019, at 1:58 AM, Zhang Yonglun <zh...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> The vote to release Apache ShardingSphere (Incubating) 4.0.0-RC2 has passed.
>
> 6 binding +1 votes:
>
> Liang Zhang
> Juan Pan
> Craig L Russell (mentor)
> Yi Yang
> Hao Cao
> Von Gosling (mentor)
>
> 1 non-binding +1 vote:
> Haisheng Sun
>
> Gosling Von <fe...@gmail.com> 于2019年8月20日周二 上午11:28写道:
>

>> Thanks for your prompt reply.
>>
>> +1 (mentor)
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Von Gosling
>>
>>> On Aug 20, 2019, at 11:20 AM, Zhang Yonglun <zh...@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The release files you mentioned are from the NOTICE file of the Netty
>>> project.
>>>
>>> Gosling Von <fe...@gmail.com> 于2019年8月19日周一 下午5:44写道:

>> and

>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/blob/dev/RELEASE-NOTES.md

>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/shardingsphere/4.0.0-RC2/

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/shardingsphere/

>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/commit/85f2ff877a7aaf122998964a0d03f7c9b2830e36

>> of

>>> --
>>> Zhang Yonglun
>>> Apache ShardingSphere
>>

> --
> Zhang Yonglun
> Apache ShardingSphere

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ShardingSphere (Incubating) 4.0.0-RC2 [ROUND 4]

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

We should not use "binding" as a term when referring to votes of PPMC members. Binding has a specific meaning in Apache that for release votes means IPMC.

Better to use "6 PPMC member +1 votes" and "1 community +1 vote". You can refer to "mentor" votes as "binding" but it's better just to refer to them the way you did.

Regards,

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ShardingSphere (Incubating) 4.0.0-RC2 [ROUND 4]

Posted by Zhang Yonglun <zh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gosling Von <fe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zhang Yonglun <zh...@apache.org>.
Hi,