Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Igor Fedorenko <ig...@ifedorenko.com> on 2017/04/07 15:21:11 UTC

is 3.5.1 open for business?

I have two of small-ish fixes I'd like to submit, so I was wondering if
master is open for 3.5.1 changes already or we want to give it little
more time in case we need to release any emergency patches.

Also, what is the general bug fixing protocol now, push to directly to
master and be prepared to revert or always go through a
pull-request-review process? I don't mind going the code review route,
but in this particular case both changes touch 1-2 lines of code not
counting regression test code, so I am not sure how much value formal
code review process will provide.

Also, does anyone know how to get my JIRA account fixed so I can
assign/close/etc bugs?

Thank you in advance.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6210
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6209

Igor

Re: is 3.5.1 open for business?

Posted by Igor Fedorenko <ig...@ifedorenko.com>.
Thank you for quick response, Karl. I'll create feature branches and
push proposed fixes there.

Is there a preference between apache and github for code review
branches?

Igor

Re: is 3.5.1 open for business?

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Igor,

Re: is 3.5.1 open for business?

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Igor,

On 07/04/17 17:21, Igor Fedorenko wrote:
> I have two of small-ish fixes I'd like to submit, so I was wondering if
> master is open for 3.5.1 changes already or we want to give it little
> more time in case we need to release any emergency patches.

If that's really necessary we can simply make a branch for that
emergency patch...

> Also, what is the general bug fixing protocol now, push to directly to
> master and be prepared to revert or always go through a
> pull-request-review process? I don't mind going the code review route,
> but in this particular case both changes touch 1-2 lines of code not
> counting regression test code, so I am not sure how much value formal
> code review process will provide.

I would suggest to create appropriate branches per jira issue (MNG-6210,
MNG-6209) for it and then we can see if IT's working well and afterwards
merging them to master via fast-forward. This will prevent several
commits/reverts on master...so we keep the history clean..

> Also, does anyone know how to get my JIRA account fixed so I can
> assign/close/etc bugs?

You are not allowed to do? Write an INFRA ticket...in the meantime I or
others can help here with that...

> Thank you in advance.
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6210
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6209

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: is 3.5.1 open for business?

Posted by Igor Fedorenko <ig...@ifedorenko.com>.
Will do. Thank you.

Igor

Re: is 3.5.1 open for business?

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

--
Sent from my phone

Re: is 3.5.1 open for business?

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
None here!

On Thu 13 Apr 2017 at 23:30, Igor Fedorenko <ig...@ifedorenko.com> wrote:

> Thank you for the explanation, didn't find this job.
>
> Now that both branch builds are happy, any objections I merge then to
> master?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Igor
>

> On April 13, 2017 1:20:24 PM Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Igor,
> >

> > On 13/04/17 22:09, Igor Fedorenko wrote:
> >> I pushed my changes to feature branches. How do I trigger CI builds now?
> >
> > They are already running your builds...
> >
> > Take a look here:
> >
> > https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-3.x-jenkinsfile/
> >
> > Kind regards
> > Karl Heinz Marbaise
> >

> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >> Igor

> without

> little

> route,
> formal

Sent from my phone

Re: is 3.5.1 open for business?

Posted by Igor Fedorenko <ig...@ifedorenko.com>.

Re: is 3.5.1 open for business?

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Igor,

Re: is 3.5.1 open for business?

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Are your branch jobs here:
https://builds.apache.org/job/maven-3.x-jenkinsfile/

On Thu 13 Apr 2017 at 21:17, Stephen Connolly <

--
Sent from my phone

Re: is 3.5.1 open for business?

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Should trigger automatically

On Thu 13 Apr 2017 at 21:09, Igor Fedorenko <ig...@ifedorenko.com> wrote:

> I pushed my changes to feature branches. How do I trigger CI builds now?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Igor
>

> On April 7, 2017 9:24:06 AM Igor Fedorenko <ig...@ifedorenko.com> wrote:
>
> > I completely agree we need to prove each code change does not break
> > existing integration tests (and I did run the tests locally with my
> > changes, fwiw)
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Igor
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 7, 2017, at 11:58 AM, Stephen Connolly wrote:
> >> I want every issue that changes code (not docs or javadocs) to have an
> >> integration test run before merging.
> >>
> >> We were trying to get consensus on a process but the debate died without
> >> conclusion

> if

Sent from my phone

Re: is 3.5.1 open for business?

Posted by Igor Fedorenko <ig...@ifedorenko.com>.

Re: is 3.5.1 open for business?

Posted by Igor Fedorenko <ig...@ifedorenko.com>.

Re: is 3.5.1 open for business?

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
I want every issue that changes code (not docs or javadocs) to have an
integration test run before merging.

We were trying to get consensus on a process but the debate died without a
conclusion

On Fri 7 Apr 2017 at 16:21, Igor Fedorenko <ig...@ifedorenko.com> wrote:

> I have two of small-ish fixes I'd like to submit, so I was wondering if
> master is open for 3.5.1 changes already or we want to give it little
> more time in case we need to release any emergency patches.
>
> Also, what is the general bug fixing protocol now, push to directly to
> master and be prepared to revert or always go through a
> pull-request-review process? I don't mind going the code review route,
> but in this particular case both changes touch 1-2 lines of code not
> counting regression test code, so I am not sure how much value formal
> code review process will provide.
>
> Also, does anyone know how to get my JIRA account fixed so I can
> assign/close/etc bugs?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6210
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6209