Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Linus Kamb <ka...@emsc-csem.org> on 2011/01/21 13:53:33 UTC

How does Jetspeed choose which psml to display?

Hi,

It's been a while since I've messed around with our Jetspeed installation.   I recall seeing some documentation on this subject, but I haven't been able to find it again.

My situation is:

I have 2 versions of a couple of pages, one for guests and one for logged-in users.

Each page has its own psml, as:
toolA_public.psml
toolA_private.psml
toolB_public.psml
toolB_private.psml

The *_public pages have security constraints "forguestonly", and the *_private pages are marked "forloggeduseronly".

The pages are in a folder, accessed via sub-menus on the page header.

If a guest (non-logged-in user) tries to navigate directly to a private page, the public page is displayed.

However, this only works properly (and honestly, I'm not sure *how* it does work!) for toolA.  If one goes to the toolB private page, the toolA public page is displayed.  (The URL remains unchanged, displaying the private page psml URL.)

Any clues (or links to appropriate documentation) would be appreciated.

I'm running Jetspeed 2.2.0, Oracle db, with psml pages in the file system.

Thanks,
Linus

Re: How does Jetspeed choose which psml to display?

Posted by David Taylor <da...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 4:53 AM, Linus Kamb <ka...@emsc-csem.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's been a while since I've messed around with our Jetspeed installation.   I recall seeing some documentation on this subject, but I haven't been able to find it again.
>
> My situation is:
>
> I have 2 versions of a couple of pages, one for guests and one for logged-in users.
>
> Each page has its own psml, as:
> toolA_public.psml
> toolA_private.psml
> toolB_public.psml
> toolB_private.psml
>
> The *_public pages have security constraints "forguestonly", and the *_private pages are marked "forloggeduseronly".
>
> The pages are in a folder, accessed via sub-menus on the page header.
>
> If a guest (non-logged-in user) tries to navigate directly to a private page, the public page is displayed.
>
> However, this only works properly (and honestly, I'm not sure *how* it does work!) for toolA.  If one goes to the toolB private page, the toolA public page is displayed.  (The URL remains unchanged, displaying the private page psml URL.)
>
> Any clues (or links to appropriate documentation) would be appreciated.
>
> I'm running Jetspeed 2.2.0, Oracle db, with psml pages in the file system.

I've read this a few times and I don't have enough information to help
yet. It might be easier if you showed us the security constraints
defs, folder.metadata, and page definitions for the pages and folders
described above