Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Oliver Wulff <ol...@zurich.ch> on 2005/02/15 10:28:07 UTC

Configure Valve which is called after authentication process???

Hi

Is it possible to configure a valve which is called after the
authentication process?
I've configured the Valve after the Realm but the Valve is called first.

Thanks for your support.

Oliver

******************* BITTE BEACHTEN *******************
Diese Nachricht (wie auch allfällige Anhänge dazu) beinhaltet
möglicherweise vertrauliche oder gesetzlich geschützte Daten oder
Informationen. Zum Empfang derselben ist (sind) ausschliesslich die
genannte(n) Person(en) bestimmt. Falls Sie diese Nachricht
irrtümlicherweise erreicht hat, sind Sie höflich gebeten, diese unter
Ausschluss jeder Reproduktion zu zerstören und die absendende Person
umgehend zu benachrichtigen. Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe.

Re: Session Creation with IE

Posted by Wouter Boers <wg...@gmail.com>.
IE makes a difference between 'an instance' (active IE with 'handles
the link' or the 'crtl-N' or file New...) which inherits the
cookiestore from the 'active' browser or a complete new 'start' of the
browser. The latter has it own cookie store and therefore has no
session on the server.

There is not real sollution for this since it is IE behaviour....
noting you can control.

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:22:22 +0000, Mike Fowler
<to...@mlfowler.com> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> I have experienced this problem as well. It appears that when IE is
> started from a shortcut or from with Outlook/Outlook Express a different
> cookie store is used from the main IE one. I also noticed that if a new
> browser window is opened from within the one created by the
> shortcut/outlook you revert to normal IE cookie store. Regrettably I
> didn't find/look for a solution as the problem didn't affect me in any
> serious way as it does you.
>
> --
> Mike Fowler
> Registered Linux user: 379787
>
> "I could be a genius if I just put my mind to it, and I,
> I could do anything, if only I could get 'round to it"

Regards, Wouter Boers
business: http://www.abcdarium.nl
personal: http://www.ikke.net

Re: Session Creation with IE

Session Creation with IE

Posted by Mark O'Driscoll <ma...@eircom.net>.
Using 5.0.28 on WIndows 2K.

We have three ways of getting at our webapp from the client side:

IE Favourites
Email link (usually Outlook express)
Desktop shortcuts.

All clients are running IE6.

If the client goes into the app via the browser favourite all is fine.

If the first client window is brought up via the email link or desktop short
cut and then an IE favourite is used to access another page, a new session
is created at the server end.

Anyone seen anything like this. It seems that either tomcat thinks the
second access is from a different client or it is indeed from a new client
and IE/Win2K is doing something strange.