Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/15 04:30:13 UTC

download.cgi broken

ok, so i somehow managed to break

http://velocity.apache.org/download.cgi

in my attempt at a manual update of the site to add Tools 2.0-beta2.
i've tried a few things to fix it, but no dice yet.  so for now i
changed the news.html and news.rss to point directly to a working
download:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/velocity-tools/2.0-beta2

still, the main download page really needs fixing ASAP, and i'm out of
ideas for the moment.  can anyone see the problem?  i did contact
webmaster@apache.org, but i haven't heard anything back yet.  i'd love
to fix this before announcing the beta2 release and drawing any extra
attention to the site.

help!

Re: download.cgi broken

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, Henning!  I'm looking forward to mid-August. :)

Re: download.cgi broken

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org>.

Re: download.cgi broken

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
I'm wondering if we shouldn't ditch the cgi magic and change our site
page to standard html, like Tiles has:

http://tiles.apache.org/download.html

Re: download.cgi broken

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org>.
Hm, it is no longer a cgi but a copy of download.html ... strange.

I copied a download.cgi file (which is really only a two-liner) back in
place; it should work again as soon as the mirrors catch up.

Re: download.cgi broken

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.